AT&T finally getting into the Android game

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Right now I have AT&T and Verizon because I just can't part ways with my iPhone. If AT&T comes up with a top notch Android device I will have to consider dropping Verizon and stick with one line with AT&T. Gotta love sim cards.

Anyone else out there waiting for AT&T?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Gotta love sim cards.

Gotta love *228 option 3, and a reliable network too :D Unless you're in the unlikely situation of being in an area where at&t has coverage where Verizon doesn't, I can't imagine why anyone would want to switch to them. They (at&t) have constantly taken a beating on their nationwide network performance.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Gotta love *228 option 3, and a reliable network too :D Unless you're in the unlikely situation of being in an area where at&t has coverage where Verizon doesn't, I can't imagine why anyone would want to switch to them. They (at&t) have constantly taken a beating on their nationwide network performance.

How would I figure you would stalk me in this thread and bash AT&T. Not shocking what so ever. But I will tell you and anyone else this. In my area in Chicago AT&T has better coverage and better 3G than Verizon. Plain and simple. Each their own. :)

iViz

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I finally registered because AT&T will be getting Android. Baha. I've been reading around for a while now.

AAFD

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Having all the main carriers on board this (to me) gives Android a leg up on Iphone, you can chose the carrier that works in your area with service and price that meets your needs. Apple should take note!!! Even Palm with the Pre know this.

KC

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Having all the main carriers on board this (to me) gives Android a leg up on Iphone, you can chose the carrier that works in your area with service and price that meets your needs. Apple should take note!!! Even Palm with the Pre know this.

KC

Without turning this into a iPhone thread, Apple and the iPhone will remain at the top for quite some time. While I love my Droid and iPhone equally, I know Apple's App Store is well ahead of all the competition and currently is untouchable.

AAFD

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Without turning this into a iPhone thread, Apple and the iPhone will remain at the top for quite some time. While I love my Droid and iPhone equally, I know Apple's App Store is well ahead of all the competition and currently is untouchable.

Very true, I have a Itouch and I love it!! But I don't like ATT network. No 3G were I live, infact its a 45 min drive to get to one. Verizon and Sprint 3G no issue!! For us being able to pick our carrier like Verizon is a big plus!!

KC

infenit101

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and drop AT&T and VZW, both are ridiculously expensive.

If you love the Iphone so much just get an Itouch. It makes zero sense to have two wireless carriers unless you just have nothing else to blow your money on. I sold my Iphone to get a Hero and Sprint. I'll never look back especially when I have basically unlimited everything and two lines for under $125. Well not unlimited minutes (1500) but we have unlimited mobile to mobile on any network. Just can't beat it, and I get great coverage.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and drop AT&T and VZW, both are ridiculously expensive.

If you love the Iphone so much just get an Itouch. It makes zero sense to have two wireless carriers unless you just have nothing else to blow your money on. I sold my Iphone to get a Hero and Sprint. I'll never look back especially when I have basically unlimited everything and two lines for under $125. Well not unlimited minutes (1500) but we have unlimited mobile to mobile on any network. Just can't beat it, and I get great coverage.

I appreciate your concern but I can comfortably afford Verizon and AT&T. No offense to anyone but the last carrier I'd choose would be Sprint. I used Sprint for a long time until it took a turn for the worse and it still has not gotten any better. I'm glad to pay a bit more and get much better service.

Lets please keep this thread on track and not get into my carrier is better than yours. Other threads exist for that as this thread is for AT&T getting Android devices.

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Palm Treo 680 on AT&T here. Was waiting on the Palm Pre but now thinking of an Android phone. I'd like it to be the N1, but that's not on the horizon, and the Pre is VERY vaguely asserted by AT&T to be "sometime in the first half". I get a good discount on AT&T from work and mostly when I travel it is mostly thru airports, so wireless will normally win over 3G, and it looks like they're finally going to bone up the backend. I think the WebOS phones have the best interface and sync function out there today, but not sure they're going to be able to keep enough critical mass to survive, so I obviously go back and forth. I like Open solutions, so no iphone for me. Guess we'll see what gets released and looks most compelling, leaning to an Android phone today.
ADS
ADS

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Palm Treo 680 on AT&T here. Was waiting on the Palm Pre but now thinking of an Android phone. I'd like it to be the N1, but that's not on the horizon, and the Pre is VERY vaguely asserted by AT&T to be "sometime in the first half". I get a good discount on AT&T from work and mostly when I travel it is mostly thru airports, so wireless will normally win over 3G, and it looks like they're finally going to bone up the backend. I think the WebOS phones have the best interface and sync function out there today, but not sure they're going to be able to keep enough critical mass to survive, so I obviously go back and forth. I like Open solutions, so no iphone for me. Guess we'll see what gets released and looks most compelling, leaning to an Android phone today.
ADS
ADS

Well I would not be so sure that the Nexus One or variant will not hit AT&T soon. They did promise a exclusive HTC Android device. When is the big question.

nihouma

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
If ATT doesn't get an HTC Android phone, I'm gonna be forced to stay on MetroPCS with my phone :( Well, if they don't get an all touch one, that is (had a Touch Pro, decided I hate sliders because it wears out)