1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Default Blackberry data Plan vs regular Smartphone

I'm a complete phone junkie. I've still got my old iPhones, and I use a captivate as my primary. However, I'm getting a free BB Torch from family who moved out of AT&T's area. I'd like to be able to bounce between them for fun, and use the BB for work if I like it.

I know when I got the Captivate, the only difference between the iPhone data and Smartphone data was the visual voice mail. I do know with the BB plan, you get BIS services. How would that effect the Captivate if I was bouncing between them?
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG V4.25

Default Re: Blackberry data Plan vs regular Smartphone

I'd like to know that answer as well. I was just put on a Blackberry Torch 9800 for work. I just came from an Evo and I really miss Android. I was thinking of buying an unlocked phone. Would there be any issues if I just swap out the sim card from the Torch to say an Infuse or something like that? Or would I have to contact AT&T and get them to take me off of the Blackberry data package? I'm not going through exchange or anything else like that. Any thoughts?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Default Re: Blackberry data Plan vs regular Smartphone

Traffic on BB will route through BIS servers. They would need to change you to the smartphone plan.

I used a Torch for my business for a while, and had numerous iPhones and Androids for personal use. I could swap between the iPhones and Androids, but not with the BB. Data wouldn't work either way (BB sim in non-bb, or non-BB sim in Torch).
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire