AT&T unlimited international Data plan

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to inform you all that there's a guy on eBay selling them. It is a business account, but he sets it up for you and it's basically a personal account (dude works for at&t). I've had a few people message me asking, so I thought I'd share.

All in all its about $135 a month for 450 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited international and domestic data. Obviously it's only unlimited where at&t offers data! Any questions or concerns, I'd be glad to answer.

Also, if any admins want proof or anything feel free to reply and I'll PM you proof.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You might want to make mention of the facts that, at least on the domestic side, AT&T can and will throttle your data.

If you are on a phone that's not capable of anything more than HSPA+, your data can be throttled once you reach 3 Gb. If your phone is capable of LTE, you can be throttled after 5 Gb.

I've been on AT&T for about 7 years now and this policy has been in effect for just about that long.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You might also want to mention that people were doing this for a few years with Straight Talk - $45 cards for as little as $35. Turns out they were buying with stolen credit card numbers.

So this guy may work fot AT&T, but not be authorized to sell these accounts, and when AT&T finds out, you'll get backcharged ad if you had a normal account. (And they won't care if you have to refinance your mortgage to pay the bill.) I'd be wary. The rule is that itf it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. It may be legitimate, I'm not making an accusation, but I'd be careful.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
You might want to make mention of the facts that, at least on the domestic side, AT&T can and will throttle your data.

If you are on a phone that's not capable of anything more than HSPA+, your data can be throttled once you reach 3 Gb. If your phone is capable of LTE, you can be throttled after 5 Gb.

I've been on AT&T for about 7 years now and this policy has been in effect for just about that long.

This is true, but with the recent changes, you're only throttled in congested areas. I have yet to be throttled since the change. But, I also don't live in a congested area. As far as outside the united States, it is unthrottled. So if you get LTE, then you get fill LTE speeds. You do have to use the device at least once a month in the US too! Thanks. I had forgot to mention that!

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
You might also want to mention that people were doing this for a few years with Straight Talk - $45 cards for as little as $35. Turns out they were buying with stolen credit card numbers.

So this guy may work fot AT&T, but not be authorized to sell these accounts, and when AT&T finds out, you'll get backcharged ad if you had a normal account. (And they won't care if you have to refinance your mortgage to pay the bill.) I'd be wary. The rule is that itf it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. It may be legitimate, I'm not making an accusation, but I'd be careful.

Luckily its legitimate. Anyone can be on an At&T business account. I looked through it all before I bought it. And the guy who set it all up isn't the one selling them, its actually a company. He was just helping the transition. But, you should always be wary. I'm not trying to say your wrong, because you're not. But I did research before purchasing and basically if something were to happen, it'd just be that guy getting in trouble because it could be looked at as unethical by the company itself. Otherwise, its well within the terms :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This has changed since the fine form the FCC (at least for my friend). He used to always get throttled at 5 GB but now he is using an average of 40 to 50 GB with no throttle.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
This has changed since the fine form the FCC (at least for my friend). He used to always get throttled at 5 GB but now he is using an average of 40 to 50 GB with no throttle.

It's for everyone! Only time you'll be throttled is if you are over 5GB and in a congested area. So, no congestion, no throttle. I have yet to be throttled since the change as well. It's much MUCH nicer :)

But, this is exactly why they did throttle lol. I could barley use above 10 GB with throttle. Now I use 50 GB easy

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use about 70 gb on my Verizon phone. This one is my back up ;)

Nice :). Have you tried the 1 TB stretch yet? I did it once just to see if they would yell at me .. they didn't though ^_^.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I got unlimited domestic data back when you could buy a used orginal 2g iPhone and activate it on your line then once online should unlimited data for $20 switch to a 3G smart phone and get unlimited data for $30. This no longer works. When I pulled my line off my dad's account and applied my employers 23% discount it brought unlimited data to $23.10. I had no texting plan and had it blocked. When I upgraded to the Galaxy S3 online would let me choose unlimited data/1500 texts for $30.79 after my discount. When I upgraded though Best Buy I got to keep the plan the same. When I had my iPhone 4 I would use 50GB a month. I could only get dailup or satalite internet. I got busted creating a hotspot with my unlimited data. I now have a cheap MetroPCS that connects to AT&T LTE and allows me to easily create a hotspot with my unlimited data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I got unlimited domestic data back when you could buy a used orginal 2g iPhone and activate it on your line then once online should unlimited data for $20 switch to a 3G smart phone and get unlimited data for $30. This no longer works. When I pulled my line off my dad's account and applied my employers 23% discount it brought unlimited data to $23.10. I had no texting plan and had it blocked. When I upgraded to the Galaxy S3 online would let me choose unlimited data/1500 texts for $30.79 after my discount. When I upgraded though Best Buy I got to keep the plan the same. When I had my iPhone 4 I would use 50GB a month. I could only get dailup or satalite internet. I got busted creating a hotspot with my unlimited data. I now have a cheap MetroPCS that connects to AT&T LTE and allows me to easily create a hotspot with my unlimited data.

They don't crack down on unlimited data tethering like they used to. Especially since its covered under the new net neutrality rules. Back in the day I got yelled at by my dad because I got a letter from att haha. Now I tether with my nexus 6 no issue. But I also changed the internal settings to show it coming via data on the phone instead of hotspot :)

My first iPhone was the 3gs when they still had unlimited. It was awesome until they started hard throttling! That's when I switch to Verizon and bought a Verizon unlimited data plan

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
They don't crack down on unlimited data tethering like they used to. Especially since its covered under the new net neutrality rules. Back in the day I got yelled at by my dad because I got a letter from att haha. Now I tether with my nexus 6 no issue. But I also changed the internal settings to show it coming via data on the phone instead of hotspot :)

My first iPhone was the 3gs when they still had unlimited. It was awesome until they started hard throttling! That's when I switch to Verizon and bought a Verizon unlimited data plan

Unauthorized iPhone tethering shows up like authorized tethering so they can track it. With Android it shows up as data used on the phone. I never got The Letter just a phone call and I denied creating hotspots. My family was with Cingular wireless back when they had the TDMA network. Then AT&T Wireless bought them. My first cell phone was the Cingular Motorla V3 Razr. Then the Blackjack 2, iPhone 4, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S5.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Unauthorized iPhone tethering shows up like authorized tethering so they can track it. With Android it shows up as data used on the phone. I never got The Letter just a phone call and I denied creating hotspots. My family was with Cingular wireless back when they had the TDMA network. Then AT&T Wireless bought them. My first cell phone was the Cingular Motorla V3 Razr. Then the Blackjack 2, iPhone 4, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S5.

Most tethering tweaks via cydia hide hotspot

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Most tethering tweaks via cydia hide hotspot

I used MyWi on Cydia to enable hotspot. I used the hotspot as my main internet connection on my laptop since where I lived the options for internet were dailup or DirectWay. We had 2 phone lines and AT&T dailup. My neighbors two houses to the left and right, behind, and across the street had Uverse. I finally got Uverse available right before we sold the house. I now have Charter and Uverse is available.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I used MyWi on Cydia to enable hotspot. I used the hotspot as my main internet connection on my laptop since where I lived the options for internet were dailup or DirectWay. We had 2 phone lines and AT&T dailup. My neighbors two houses to the left and right, behind, and across the street had Uverse. I finally got Uverse available right before we sold the house. I now have Charter and Uverse is available.

Lol what good timing

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol what good timing

I called AT&T's President's Office and they sent a truck to my backyard to look at why couldn't get Uverse or DSL. I kept getting the run around with the regular reps. Also I figured a person looking at the house might look at high speed internet options before purchasing.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T's President's Office and they sent a truck to my backyard to look at why couldn't get Uverse or DSL. I kept getting the run around with the regular reps. Also I figured a person looking at the house might look at high speed internet options before purchasing.

Good luck! I hope you're able to get broadband Internet.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I may annoy AT&T on Friday since I work 2 jobs and on Friday by the time I take the bus home and back I will have 30 minutes at home. I am thinking about taking my ChromeCast and my MetroPCS phone that can create a hotspot with my unlimited data to work with me. I have tested it at home for a couple of minutes it works. I will use my Galaxy S5 as the remote for the ChromeCast. Do you think AT&T will notice I am using a ChromeCast? I think it is no different than using a MHL for HDMI out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet