1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed 1.1.0

Default Switching from Blackberry to Atrix on AT&T

I'm considering the switch from BlackBerry to the Atrix when it is released, and have a question about data plans. Currently I have an unlimited BlackBerry data plan (which doesn't even reach 100MB of data usage per month). When looking at the available non-BlackBerry plans, they have the DataPro plans, one regular and one Enterprise. Will they actually block access to my Exchange server at work if I don't subscribe to the more expensive Enterprise plan?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

I get email through exchange on the lower data plan. I thought Enterprise was only available on the Blackberry plans (I don't have an option for it).

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Just have them change you over to unlimited Smartphone data. Same cost as the BB plan, same unlimited usage, but without the BIS. Your exchange will work fine.

As long as you keep the unlimited plans, you can switch from BB to iPhone to Smartphone. If you ever change to a tiered plan, you will lose the unlimited one permanently, unless they bring it back(not likely).
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

You should be grandfathered unlimited data. Just make you still have unlimited before you leave the store.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG V4.25

Default Re: Switching from Blackberry to Atrix on AT&T

I have a similar scenario. I was just put on a Blackberry Torch 9800 for work. I just came from an Evo and I really miss Android. I was thinking of buying an unlocked phone. Would there be any issues if I just swap out the sim card from the Torch to say an Infuse or something like that? Or would I have to contact AT&T and get them to take me off of the Blackberry data package? I'm not going through exchange or anything else like that. Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

AT&T will have to switch you to the smartphone plan. BB plans route your traffic through the BIS servers.

Make sure your workplace isn't using BES, though. You may have to keep the BB, depending on they administer the traffic.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

You realize this post is from January right?

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

You realize it was another post that was combined to an old one, right? When I responded earlier it was a desperate post on the main page, second post down.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

Geez! Got it dude! XD

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa