Android Upgrade Advice

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently with AT&T and am using an unlocked Nokia E71. It's been a great phone, but it's getting a little long in the tooth. I'm not under contract, but I plan to stick with AT&T due to other phones on my family plan being under contract. I also like my unlimited $10/month data plan :)

My question is, what would you get if you were in my shoes? Does it make sense to get an unlocked N1, given how old it is now? How about the Dell Streak? Would AT&T know what it was and want to bump me to one of their new data plans? I know they can tell what phones are if they sold them. Obviously the new "4G" phones are coming but they'll be subsidized and will require a move to a higher cost, lower capped data plan. Any other devices I'm not thinking of you'd suggest?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 1 and the nexus S are two great android phones. Yes, the nexus s has been out for a while, that doesn't make it less of a phone... does it. It really depend on what you're looking for, and how much you're looking to spend. In a few months there will be other awesome phone(s) coming to At&t - then you might see another one that you want.

It's hard getting away without paying an increase fee for these smartphones. I guess if you want the best, you have to pay for it. The ball is in your court...

Good luck with the decision you make. PS. You can't go wrong with any Android phone.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The htc Thunderbolt with the new sense ui comes out on the 14th for $99 if you want one now... unless you want pure Android. There will be more since AT&T wants to push Android since losing their exclusive iPhone contract.

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts. If they'd bring back their unlimited smartphone data plans I wouldn't have any issue buying something on contract, but since that is unlikely I'm probably stuck buying unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49