"4G" plans

mybikegoes200

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I jumped ship from AT&T 2 weeks ago (and love my shiny EVO). If I'd had to endure one more dropped call from that crap network I'd have lost my mind. And yes - I was told that if I upgraded to **ANY** phone, I'd lose my unlimited data. I'd been an AT&T / Cingular customer for over 10 years and had their most expensive plan for every bit of that. And they basically flipped me the bird on an upgrade (even charged me the ETF). AT&T's core business of land lines will one day go the way of the dodo and I think they're going to fight tooth and nail (in other words nickle and dime everybody to death) to stay in business. I'm done with them. The second my wife and son's phone's hit 2 years we'll all be on Sprint. They may not have the biggest coverage area - but without question the easiest pricing to understand.

RippThaJacker

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was going to purchase the atrix but since i figured I'm wont be able to keep my unlimited plan I'm switching. I will probably jump to Tmobile since they are going to have the HTC Pyramid and unlimited data (sort off 5Gb). I think ATT is about to become what sprint was a few years back. The masses of customers they will lose this year will be HUGE with their awful business model.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this is a hoax. If not, I suppose I won't be getting the Atrix. The Bionic is my second choice anyway...just hate to make the switch.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh well. Still gonna get the Atrix. AT&T is the best network for my home area and the other places I travel to, so if I have to be on wifi more than usual, so be it. Can't sacrifice my cell coverage for data.

rahlquist

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Lol and did any of you honestly think AT&T with its jihad against free data would put out a Faster connection allowing you to consume more data and not find a way to rip the unlimited out from under you? Bottom line;

AT&T will spend as little on capacity upgrades as it can get away with, their goal is to maximize profit not customer satisfaction.

The competition will match them all the way.

The sheeple will pay the rates meaning since most of the flock accepts it, its OK.

Seriously its not gonna change.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This is a direct contradiction to the email I received less than a week ago from at&t telling me I could keep my unlimited data on my phone.

Way to have a strong and United Voice AT&T. I guess I will find out Sunday if it is true or not. The reality is with the sub-par HSPA+ speeds people are getting I really would only be upgrading for the phone, not the data speeds. (I know, the "backhaul" may or may not be turned on by now so the speeds may get better).

If they are ditching the unlimited data, I will keep my Nexus one, turn on the wireless hot spot and stream Netflix, Hulu, and download every torrent I can find simultaneously and try to melt a cell tower!

mybikegoes200

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It has been clarified??? LOL... Let me see that in WRITING. I actually *HAD* an AT&T phone - a Tilt 2 - up until 2 weeks ago... With that, I had their unlimited plan (all $150 worth)... With that, I had their data plan ($30/mo) and a small texting plan ($5/mo)... I was told, on no uncertain terms, that if I wanted to upgrade - that is - NOT pay full retail for a phone - that I would have to get a *NEW* contract - and they no longer have an unlimited plan. This is from two separate AT&T retail stores in my area. I was told that I could either upgrade and lose my unlimited plan OR pay full retail, swap sims and go on my merry way. After spending $200/ month for close to 10 years - I told them where they could shove their new pricing.

On a side note - I got the EVO and couldn't be happier... I get stellar battery life (really). The "Inspire" that AT&T is set to get - talk about bad idea. The battery slides in the side... Interpret that as "can't put larger battery in - no matter what - you're screwed."

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just did the opposite and left Sprint for AT&T. Sprint had horrible service here so I have no choice but to deal with the data caps.

01laxin

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yes they ask you before changing your plan if you would like to switch. I was grandfathered into the unlimited plan so they let me keep it.

kathywithak

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
i think it may depend on the person you talk to. when i tried to upgrade last year they changed my data plan from unlimited to the new capped plans but just recently i tried upgrading my sisters phone (blackberry) and they kept her plan unlimited. the lady was extremely nice and even looked at our plan to try to find ways to lower our bill... like i said, i think that it all depends on the person helping.

Maybe.Once

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have unlimited now, you can keep it. :)

If you had unlimited in the past you might be able to get it back.

But if you have a unlimited tethering plan and don't want to give up tethering, your screwed. :(

Confirmed. I thought they were going to be able to grandfather my unlimited tethering plan when I bought an Inspire last week (outright, no contract mod). Turned out they would only grandfather the unlimited data - tethering would be limited to 4GB for $60.

I ended up returning the Inspire and keeping my old Tilt until I can get a phone that I can keep my plan. Still waiting for them to reactivate my old plan. The Inspire was sweet - for a day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc