Can I activate a Go Phone on a contract plan? I need to replace a Blackberry Z10.

jarrett178

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My mother's AT&T contract Blackberry Z10 is on it's last legs. She's had it since October 2013. The touchscreen won't respond and she can only hear on it if she talks from the speakerphone. I bought a 4G LTE ZTE Maven Go Phone from Best Buy's ebay store for $29. I just need to make sure she can use it on her contract plan.

She's on one of those old 450 minute/Unlimited Text & Data plans from 2009 when she had a Blackberry. Can I activate it for her to use? I know I'll probably need a new sim card. I use Verizon Prepaid so I don't know how AT&T's activation policy works.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My mother's AT&T contract Blackberry Z10 is on it's last legs. She's had it since October 2013. The touchscreen won't respond and she can only hear on it if she talks from the speakerphone. I bought a 4G LTE ZTE Maven Go Phone from Best Buy's ebay store for $29. I just need to make sure she can use it on her contract plan.

She's on one of those old 450 minute/Unlimited Text & Data plans from 2009 when she had a Blackberry. Can I activate it for her to use? I know I'll probably need a new sim card. I use Verizon Prepaid so I don't know how AT&T's activation policy works.
Yes, you can. I've done it a few times.

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
No need to worry much about it. If the SIM fits, just swap it out. If not, go to an AT&T store and get a new SIM. Nothing difficult.

Posted via the Android Central App