Want to buy Note 7 but have a question about how to buy

mrcultureshock

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Here's my situation:

I own an iPhone 6 Plus that I bought unlocked from Apple. The plan on the phone is an old unlimited data plan that I got a while ago and I'm eligible for an upgrade. I'd like to get the Note 7 from AT&T at full purchase price and move my current plan to the new phone. In a few months, the iPhone 6 Plus will be used by a family member and we will set up a family plan.

My question is:

How do I buy the Note 7 on the AT&T site? Do I do an upgrade and get the phone? Also, what happens if I need to return the Note 7 (within the AT&T return period)? Finally, can I convert my plan to a family plan later? I know I'll lose my unlimited plan but it wouldn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

mike56801

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Here's my situation:

I own an iPhone 6 Plus that I bought unlocked from Apple. The plan on the phone is an old unlimited data plan that I got a while ago and I'm eligible for an upgrade. I'd like to get the Note 7 from AT&T at full purchase price and move my current plan to the new phone. In a few months, the iPhone 6 Plus will be used by a family member and we will set up a family plan.

My question is:

How do I buy the Note 7 on the AT&T site? Do I do an upgrade and get the phone? Also, what happens if I need to return the Note 7 (within the AT&T return period)? Finally, can I convert my plan to a family plan later? I know I'll lose my unlimited plan but it wouldn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

You should be to select full price or NEXT on the product page. I like you am on the grandfathered unlimited data. I think you should be able go from an individual plan to a family plan and keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan on your line. The other lines will have to choose a tiered data plan for line. If you have/plan on getting and keeping Uverse TV or Directv ATT has unlimited data plan on Mobile Share. If you cancel Uverse TV or Directv within 2 months ATT will drop from unlimited data Mobile Share to 15GB Mobile Share. As for returning the phone ATT will charge you a restocking fee. In my opinion I would buy the Best Buy since they don't charge a restock fee for phone bought outright and it would count towards Elite status. ATT.com ships all their mobile phones and accessories from Fort Worth, TX as an FYI.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would buy an unlocked non-AT&T Note 7 if you are planning on paying full retail anyway.

That way, you don't get all the AT&T forced bloatware apps, and you will get security patches and OS upgrades much more quickly than waiting for AT&T to do it, which can delay these updates for weeks or months (Note 4) - or maybe AT&T will just not bother releasing an OS update that the unlocked versions have (Moto X 2014).

Plus, if you ever move to another carrier, the AT&T version will not receive updates at all, even when AT&T bothers to release them - unless you borrow an AT&T SIM from someone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci