1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new unlimited $10 data plan?

Called At&t to complain about my bill and asked if they had any cheaper plans, after looking at my account ( I have 5 lines and been with them for about 6 years) I was told that they started a new data plan in Feb. for non iphone smartphones. Unlimited data for $10 per month. Sounds too good to be true, but I told her to sign me up. She says she did, but when I do *data# it still shows me as having a 200 mb limit.
    Think she was yanking my chain or does anyone else have this deal?

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

She yanked you dude. The cheapest plan out there right now is virgin mobile with a 25 a month unlimited plan. Your paying the correct thing. Maybe she misunderstood you. **** I use 200mb I'm like 3-4 days with just mail....

Android, the best community. Sent using tapatalk!

$10 for unlimited data is for their messaging and basic phones. Smart phones do not qualify for that plan.

Sent from my Inspiration
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I called back, got a different woman this time, she says no changes were made to my account, has no record of my last call. still paying $15 for 200 mb. Don't know what the crazy nut the first time thought she was doing.
    1 android phone, 3 iphones and 1 basic cell, 5 lines total with data plans and family messaging is over $200 per month! killing me!

I wish at&t charged $10 for unlimited data id drop Verizon in a heart beat to have a better phone selection and unlimited data

I currently have AT&T with 5 lines and our bill comes out to be around $160 but we don't have data plans on all phones. the $10 plan she was probably referring to was the data plan they have for NON smartphone users. I wish that the days of their unlimited data were still here... I read online somewhere that they were thinking about bringing it back but keeping it a secret so that only people who asked for it could take advantage of it but when I asked, the rep said they hadn't heard anything like that. Damn the tech blogger that put that idea in my head.

Oh yea, just wanted to make sure youre taking advantage of the family plan text messaging, $20 unlimited text messages for everyone on the family plan. It sounds like a given but sometimes they try to screw you and not tell you these things.

The messaging phones (non smartphones) are still able to get unlimited data for that $10. Not that it's all that useful.