Mass Texts and Carriers

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if carriers can block mass text messages? I use the app Group Text to message my employees. I own a national construction company and we send out mass texts to approximately 500 people per week, on occasion more. The Group Text app sends out individual messages to each person in the designated group. For instance most of our groups have up to 100 members. The app will fire out 100 individual messages over about a 2 minute span.

My question is do some carriers block mass texts like this? Some of my employees are saying the texts are not coming in. It seems to only affect AT&T customers from what I can tell. The individuals in quest got SMS and MMS under normal circumstances. The number used for this mass/rapid fire texting is a VZW number. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ATTKevin

Official AT&T Support
Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know if carriers can block mass text messages? I use the app Group Text to message my employees. I own a national construction company and we send out mass texts to approximately 500 people per week, on occasion more. The Group Text app sends out individual messages to each person in the designated group. For instance most of our groups have up to 100 members. The app will fire out 100 individual messages over about a 2 minute span.

My question is do some carriers block mass texts like this? Some of my employees are saying the texts are not coming in. It seems to only affect AT&T customers from what I can tell. The individuals in quest got SMS and MMS under normal circumstances. The number used for this mass/rapid fire texting is a VZW number. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey there keystone_56!

I can absolutely understand the need to send out group messages across your company. When I worked as a field technician many years ago, the ability to do this was invaluable.

On the AT&T network, we limit the amount of recipients on a group message to 10; this would explain why some of your folks on AT&T might be missing these messages.

I’ll shoot a note to my business teams and ask if there’s any way around this. For consumer, I know I haven’t been able to find one, but there may be one for businesses.

In the meantime, is it possible to get a list from your employees of who is on AT&T? You might be able to set up smaller groups limited to 10 people through the Group Text app. I’m not too familiar with that app, so that may not be possible.

I hope this helps! If I find anything else, I’ll get in contact with you!

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey there keystone_56!

I can absolutely understand the need to send out group messages across your company. When I worked as a field technician many years ago, the ability to do this was invaluable.

On the AT&T network, we limit the amount of recipients on a group message to 10; this would explain why some of your folks on AT&T might be missing these messages.

I’ll shoot a note to my business teams and ask if there’s any way around this. For consumer, I know I haven’t been able to find one, but there may be one for businesses.

In the meantime, is it possible to get a list from your employees of who is on AT&T? You might be able to set up smaller groups limited to 10 people through the Group Text app. I’m not too familiar with that app, so that may not be possible.

I hope this helps! If I find anything else, I’ll get in contact with you!

I'm sorry, description may not have been clear. I don't use a group message. But rather the app I use sends out a individual rapid fire of individual messages. It allows me to type one message and send it to each person in the group, in an individual thread. For instance, it will fire out 100 messages in approximately 1 minute. My assumption is either my carrier VZW or my employees carriers are temporary flagging my number when I'm sending these out. I think this because when just sending a normal text they relieve the SMS just fine.

ATTKevin

Official AT&T Support
Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry, description may not have been clear. I don't use a group message. But rather the app I use sends out a individual rapid fire of individual messages. It allows me to type one message and send it to each person in the group, in an individual thread. For instance, it will fire out 100 messages in approximately 1 minute. My assumption is either my carrier VZW or my employees carriers are temporary flagging my number when I'm sending these out. I think this because when just sending a normal text they relieve the SMS just fine.

Good morning!

You’re totally good! I think I might have misinterpreted it also.

Since the messages are being sent individually (though in bulk through the app), it shouldn’t have the limit I mentioned above imposed on it.

I floated this around my office, and we’re thinking the app could have potentially been flagged for spam as it’s sending a lot of texts into our network in short periods of time. The more customers using that app, the more SMS messages it’s flooding us with.

Would you be able to send a message through the app to a single person that you’ve verified is on the AT&T network? Can you also send me a link to the app’s website? If the message doesn’t go through, I can escalate it through our networking division and see if they can find the root cause to this.

Let me know!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams