Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps for a Business

Hey guys,

A friend of mine had a Toshiba Thrive tablet and had a business all ready to go. He wants to know what Apps would be good for documents, keeping track of inventory, anything.

Free Apps would be recommended.
    Last edited by redshoepaul; 08-10-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Default Re: Apps for a Business

I suggest you look at what was running on the Toshiba and see if they are available on the Android Market. That would be a start.

Well for inventory he might need something different and whole lot of technology like POS (point of sale) device or something like that. Secondly, for managing documents (for online accessibility), your friendly can easily rely on Google Docs or something like that.

HanDBase does pretty good. It has problems though with memory constraints under Android.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    HanDBase does pretty good. It has problems though with memory constraints under Android.
    Yes, I recommend HanDBase, too. Although I've not yet put it on my Toshiba Thrive, HanDBase has for nine years excellently served me in its reliable syncing of databases betwixt puter and iPAQ. I'm sorry to hear about the memory issue with android.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Does he really need any other paid apps when he can easily rely on google docs. As far as i know google has already announced its doc version for the android phone users.

Google Docs does not provide consistent compatibility with Excel formatted spread sheets. I tried Google Docs for 3 weeks and finally gave up to it. I found Documents to Go with Drop Box has few if any issues.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

If your friend needs to view and edit documents, and to use GoogleDocs, there are several useful apps to do that: OfficeSuite Pro 5, QuickOffice, ThinkFree, Docs to go e.t.c. They are paid, but not too expensive.If he needs free app - try OliveOffice (too much buggs) or OfficeSuite Pro Trial (30 days)

I'm seriously looking for a decent android database and concerns about memory are high on my list. Has anyone dealt with HanDBase management of this issue by 1) dividing large databases into series of smaller (related) databases? and/or 2) going external with this app by way of flash drive use?
    Unfortunately the database I've been using for years on my PC doesn't seem to have compatible files (uses .esd where .csv is android choice) so I will probably need to totally input all records (double UGH!). If anyone has better suggestions I'm all ears

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Polaris office is a good app

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshoepaul View Post
    Hey guys,

A friend of mine had a Toshiba Thrive tablet and had a business all ready to go. He wants to know what Apps would be good for documents, keeping track of inventory, anything.

Free Apps would be recommended.
    If he attends/organizes a lot of meetings, "Meeting Minutes Pro" would do wonders for him... It is not free. There is a free demo version to try...

http://srimanapps.wordpress.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    http://www.srimanapps.com

You can also take a look at MinutesPad which is also not free, but good for meeting minutes taking.

ROM
    JB Paranoid Android 1.99

I've got a buddy who is trying to get his company to switch to a more open policy vs. their iphone only ways of thinking. His superiors are thinking about getting ipads for everyone to help them in the field. He has tried iOS and is completely against going back to using it and would like to state a case to trying out different apps that are compatible with both Android and iOS. I did a little searching around the tubes and during that time, I came across this thread. I was able to compile a little list of business apps for my friend but they should also be relevant to this thread.

You can view the list here.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LmDsTKfzU/edit