1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Travel maps for a500 tablet

I need a decent map app for the A500. I currently have CoPilot installed but it constantly freezes. I don't mind paying but would like a trial version to make sure it will work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

ROM
    Clean Rom

Default Re: Travel maps for a500 tablet

Are you looking for something for turn by turn navigation? Given that you've been using CoPilot, that would be my guess. I haven't tried navigation on my tablet yet, but I have never had a problem with Google's Navigation app on my phone. Have you tried it with your A500?

Given that the A500 has no cell radio, the Google Nav app won't help. I know there are other offline GPS apps, but I don't know who makes them. Sorry.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Replying to myself...

There are a couple of somewhat sanely priced competitors. Sygic looks nice, claims Honeycomb compatibility, and has a 7 day free trial.

Then there is Navit, which is GPL and uses free maps. Still waiting for the map download to finish so I can see what it can do.

ROM
    Clean Rom

No cell radio on my transformer either, and Google Nav works great.

Once you have the directions, yes, but miss a turn when you don't have data coverage available... "Rerouting... Data connection lost... [now your directions are lost too]"

Speaking as someone who has missed a turn or 2 with no data coverage (hey, I have T-Mobile, so coverage gaps are no stranger to me), it's no fun. So Google nav can be problematic at times.

Have you looked at MapDroid? It really works, though nothing even close to being fancy.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

MapDroid or MapDroyd?

-GNRPowdeR