Slingplayer for Tablets

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So if you're an existing SlingBox user who already paid $29.99 for the "phone" version, you have to buy the tablet version separately? Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of universal app developing for platforms? No thanks Sling.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got it and its way better than the phone app. Better video quality, slingbox tv guide and the onscreen remote make it a much more easy and enjoyable experience. Its pretty much the same user interface as using it on a computer. Im running it on a pro hd so im not sure how the quality is when using a solo.

One thing I dont like is how it seems to take longer for remote commands to be sent. Im hoping they improve on this is future updates.

They include gestures for changing channels but it takes so long to change them its better just knowing the channel you want and entering it.

Also for those with tablets that can be hooked up to the tv its like having a slingcatcher except you paid 30 bucks for it.

Yeah it sucks that it was yet another 30 bucks I have to fork over but as long as they dont charge a monthly fee Ill forget about my anger in time.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous. As was sad above, what is the point of universal development?? I already had to pay for my Slingbox, plus I had to pay $30 for my Slingplayer app, now I have to pay another $30 for another Slingplayer app? This is just greedy. I use my Slingbox all the time, but I'd rather try and figure out how to make it work in the browser before I pay. I am hoping maybe Firefox or Skyfire will let me do this for free.

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna avoid buying another silng app, considering whenever I run the "phone" slingbox app I get the message.

"SlingPlayer could not complete Android license check. Please make sure your phone is connected to internet and you sign into your Android Market client on your device"

despite the fact I AM on the internet and I even open the app THROUGH the android market.

This app was BY FAR the most expensive app I have ever bought and it failed me after a month... I'm sure I can fix it by doing a factory reset or something... but I shouldn't have to do that.

I know doing the slinging of video is a difficult thing to do, but I have never been very impressed with SlingBox on the software side.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Im interested to know how anyone thinks sling can make money selling you something once then offering continued support for it. They have to maintain servers to connect boxes to mobile devices. They have to keep up with software updates to make sure its all working. Just getting 300 bucks a person for the box, the fact they dont charge monthly is shocking. Maybe thats why they are the only ones who really do this type of tech right now.

All i know is that if they gave away the apps for free and just charged monthly we would all be in an even bigger rage.

You buy the box and you get computer access to it for free. They dont promise anything else for free and they never have. If you want more features you gotta pay. just like most other apps in the market.

you can use the phone app on the tablet so no one is losing out (except ios users but they are always losing out so who cares about them) You want something better than it costs money.

Im happy to support technology like this. Ever since smart phones came out ive lookwd forward to live TV on the go. Not that crap the cell phone companies try to sell you. So if they want another 30 bucks fine. i just wont go out to eat one night and its paid for. Well worth it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna avoid buying another silng app, considering whenever I run the "phone" slingbox app I get the message.

"SlingPlayer could not complete Android license check. Please make sure your phone is connected to internet and you sign into your Android Market client on your device"

despite the fact I AM on the internet and I even open the app THROUGH the android market.

This app was BY FAR the most expensive app I have ever bought and it failed me after a month... I'm sure I can fix it by doing a factory reset or something... but I shouldn't have to do that.

I know doing the slinging of video is a difficult thing to do, but I have never been very impressed with SlingBox on the software side.

Have u tried to clear the data on the app in the system settings?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rbeavers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38