Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Default Best Antivirus app for tablets

Im surprised there arent many threads on this. doing a search for Antivirus app under Tablets gets 132 results not one of them looks even close.

The few threads Ive found, mostly on AVG, have very little feedback/posts

So...

I see tons of options in the Play Store,

The most reputable appear to be AVP by AVG in its many forms, Dr. Web with several different releases/levels, Norton and then Lookout security,

anyone have any input on any of these?

I like the find the phone/tablet features,

Default Re: Best Antivirus app for tablets

I was looking for antivirus as well. I would think that AVG would be good, but im not really sure what would work best for an android OS. I havent had much luck finding info either.

Try Avast. It's free version is almost enough to suit you. It also got top class anti theft built in for free.
    Thanked by:

I use "Lookout" and have since it first came out.. I've had no problems and no viruses show up. I have Avast on one of my laptops and AVG on another. I like Both! "Lookout" was the first one I found for Android so that is what I got. After using computers for over 40 years, a few basic reminders.
    1. Get an antivius program/app for every device you use, should be one of the first things you download.
    2. ONLY download apps from trusted sources.
    3. Be careful with any email attachments.
    Do those 3 things and you'll still only be safe 90% of the time.

The best antivirus for the tablet is the Kaspersky Tablet Security. Provides high security for your tablet from harmful urls that have virus. Additionally it has anti theft protection by remotely blocks your missing tablet to safeguard your personnel info. You can download the app from the Google play store.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I've got Lookout installed on 35 Lenovo ThinkPad tablets that our service techs use and it's working great. I was able to use it to locate one tablet that an employee "claimed" to have lost, which was a bonus.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

I am using AVG for my tablet security, I think it is the best one for protect tablet from virus.

I have Lookout. Works well
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

If you want a really nice one I would highly suggest trying VIPER Mobile Security. They do desktop security adn have viruses on my device not even AVG found (Suppries? I was too). At least give it a try. Hope I could help!

Lookout, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Duhockey View Post
    Im surprised there arent many threads on this. doing a search for Antivirus app under Tablets gets 132 results not one of them looks even close.

The few threads Ive found, mostly on AVG, have very little feedback/posts

So...

I see tons of options in the Play Store,

The most reputable appear to be AVP by AVG in its many forms, Dr. Web with several different releases/levels, Norton and then Lookout security,

anyone have any input on any of these?

I like the find the phone/tablet features,
    That's because the best thing that an antivirus app can do for Android is slow it down and cause battery drain. Unless you download a lot of apps from shady/illegal websites, I wouldn't worry about an antivirus program.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:
    ayman07 likes this.