ICS Tablet Email App

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been using K9 on my Droid phones and am pleased. The form factor for tablets is not ideal. The app that came with my tablet only loads 25 messages at a time, requiring me to have an internet connection to function. Again, not ideal.

Thus, I'm looking for suggestions for an app that will have a nice form factor for a tablet, taking advantage of the larger screen, you can customize the number of messages to keep in memory and handles attachments well. On the attachments, it would be nice to be able to browse the file directory to select where to store it each time.

If there is a forum on this already, please post the link. I searched and scrolled but didn't find one.

Thanks,

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I may have solved my own question. Maildroid. I had passed over this app because I had previously looked and it and did not like it much. Wow, it has changed. I'm going to install it on my Bionic, too. After 30 minutes with it, I'm sold.

That said, I'm still open to other suggestions. I use IMAP, so Touchdown will not work.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This is getting to be a onesided conversation. I've used Maildroid for a week now. It's okay. It seems to want to download on demand rather than storing data and attachments. I'm unconcerned about how much room it might use to store. There are some other quirks. I'd be interested in other program suggestions. A reasonable price is acceptable.

On a side note, I tried it on my Bionic and ended up deleting it. Too many quirks for a phone. Seems much more suited for a tablet. Back to using K-9 on my phone.

visiter555

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for quite some time and am still looking. Funny, but there is noting out there that even matches the default WebOS mail app.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
For Android tablets there aren't that many that are optimized for the tablet experience. The stock gmail and email apps are more then adequate for me but there are other options

Kaiten Mail is based on K-9 though it is a premium app it is design specifically for tablets

Moxier Mail is another options, it has a much higher premium price but it offers exchange and outlook support you don't get out of most of mail apps