Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default how can i sync music to my new transformer prime

OK so before I explain my specifications I would like to inform whoever is going to help me that I am coming from an ipad and iTunes...what I would like to do is find a program that syncs perfect just as iTunes did...I'm talking all my music and playlist...I don't mind not using iTunes anymore but it seems like if I import my music from iTunes to another media player I will have to keep iTunes because that is where the new media player will pull my music from....is this true? I've heard of double twist I think the desktop version is pretty nice but do I have to use the double twist app on my tablet because I'd rather just use Google's music app...can someone help me out please. Winamp seems OK but it takes forever!! To sync and it doesn't sync my playlist

Try DoubleTwist and the addon Airsync. It's a paid app but it's probably the best solution

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I also recommend using Double Twist.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Re: how can i sync music to my new transformer prime

ok i have installed double twist...do i have to use the double twist app on the transformer as well? and once i import my music into double twist on my PC is it ok to uninstall itunes?

Yes you need to use it on your Android device

Sent from my AZ210A using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

aw ok i think i will pass because i want to use the stock google music app...and also when i tried to sync my prime to double twist on my computer it said that it isnt currently syncing to tablets at the time and for me to download airsync which is 5 bucks...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

is this suppose to be funny? lol

Yeah air sync is the best way but it does cost.

To use on stock player you're probably best doing it the old fashioned way. Via cable.

Sent from my AZ210A using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

I prefer iSyncr over the others. i guess it is because I have a large iTunes library (81GB) that I have been using for years. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.iSyncr&hl=en
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

The most streamlined solution would be to use Google's Music Manager to upload your existing iTunes collection from your PC to Google Music. That way all your existing music would be synced to Google's Music app on any android device you use. You can still use either iTunes or Google Music for future music purchases, however you'd just have to re-upload any new iTunes songs to Google Music as well (the desktop music manager is pretty good about detecting new itunes songs and uploading just what's new).

TL;DR: Upload your iTunes collection to Google Music. Use Google Music going forward.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by mulasien View Post
    The most streamlined solution would be to use Google's Music Manager to upload your existing iTunes collection from your PC to Google Music. That way all your existing music would be synced to Google's Music app on any android device you use. You can still use either iTunes or Google Music for future music purchases, however you'd just have to re-upload any new iTunes songs to Google Music as well (the desktop music manager is pretty good about detecting new itunes songs and uploading just what's new).

TL;DR: Upload your iTunes collection to Google Music. Use Google Music going forward.
    I do that for the vast majority of my music, but I like having some on my phone/tab for when I have to be off grid.
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Money713 View Post
    I do that for the vast majority of my music, but I like having some on my phone/tab for when I have to be off grid.
    You can download any/all of your google music collection to your device so it's there when you're offline. I download all of my music so I can listen to it when on a plane. In the Music settings, there is a 'make available offline' option, which will then download a local copy of the music of your choosing.

Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

My vote is for iSyncr. Worked like a charm for me.