Tablet Talk - Send & Receive Messages From Your Tablet

TaylaAmos

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
attachment.php

Tablet Talk is a powerful app that enables you to send and receive text messages using your Android tablet! Simply connect your smart phone and tablet over Bluetooth or a WiFi network and you are off and running.

Tether your phone and tablet? You can link your tablet over your phone?s WiFi hotspot, so no mobile data is used to transfer your texts. You can also link over Bluetooth when Bluetooth tethering!

Use a Bluetooth headset with your phone? Combined with Tablet Talk, you can even dial and answer calls directly from the tablet, including a full call log. You will never need to take your phone out of your pocket!

Use your tablet as an in-dash car system? Use Tablet Talk with a Bluetooth headset to control phone calls from your dash: no internet connection required! Please, no texting and driving.
attachment.php

Tablet Talk Key Facts
  • Tablet Talk uses a direct connect, this means messages are synched instantly without any delay.
  • Privacy: Tablet Talk does not use the cloud or any intermediate servers. Tablet talk doesn't see users' messages or phone calls.
  • Caller ID: The tablet rings when you get a call, you can mute or ignore the call.
  • Phone calling: Tablet Talk has a dialer app built in. If you use a Bluetooth headset with your phone then you can dial and receive calls on the tablet, too.
  • Tethering: You can use Tablet Talk while Bluetooth tethering or your phone is a WiFi hotspot. This means you can text with 100% efficiency. You will not waste your phone's data sending messages to the cloud. They go directly to the tablet, which does not use any extra data.
  • You can use Tablet Talk when your tablet is not connected to the internet.
  • In-dash car setups: You can link your smart phones and in dash tablet over Bluetooth, combined with a Bluetooth headset, you can easily answer and dial calls while driving.
attachment.php

What's in version 1.5.2
  • Improved WiFi performance
  • Fix duplicate sent messages
  • Changed missed call icon
  • Small fixes

Download Tablet Talk - Android apps on Google Play

Attachments

• tablet talk google play.jpg
    tablet talk google play.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 194
  • tablet talk screenshots 2.png
    tablet talk screenshots 2.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 195
  • ss_151_landscape_float_convo_10_dark.png
    ss_151_landscape_float_convo_10_dark.png
    346 KB · Views: 195

TaylaAmos

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Check the latest version of Tablet Talk, including Jelly Bean styled notifications for compatible devices.

What's in version 1.6:
  • T9 search added to dial pad for easier contact finding.
  • New landscape UI for dialer/call log.
  • Third party theme support (two themes freely available soon. Email if interested in making one).
  • Jelly Bean styled notifications for compatible devices.
  • Improved and fixed widget performance.
  • Better draft saving.
  • Various UI tweaks.
  • Home screen shortcuts for convenience + Llama support.
  • Bug fixes

TaylaAmos

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Tablet Talk Version 1.6.2
  • Save attachments
  • Support for receiving video and audio attachments.
  • Fixed messages not being marked as read
  • Other small fixes
  • The new WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is required for Tablet Talk to save MMS attachments.

Also check out this Tablet Talk DarkHorse Theme by Michael Gunther

Zs0AthVtuOcSpYeFPwWf3BNvWY7g5VDMgBZ6qxeUE6mGhebfnR7c5T5GfMjJSah5lilk
Mq-eoWRY0yHpOWknhUuWG5HPimMe4BY1ZzEwsoVP6oMzRTG7m1Vnxg-exBd6zQNsYw
plChSysfAi-3SJQdw2vob3QxZtOggPS8hGNHKSX7u6_NzRy_1cH2Qn53CQXLwWOP76o

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to use this more and more. I prefer using my tablet over my phone's smaller screen and this definitely makes it a lot easier. I just have to figure out a few things.

• I want it to default to wifi if a known WiFi network is available.
  • Automatically switch to Bluetooth on both devices when going out of range of wifi.
  • automatically switch to wifi when reconnected to a network. Possibly pass the IP address over Bluetooth to make the transition seamless.
  • Pass more than just phone and SMS notifications when muting notifications on the phone.

It seems like all notifications get muted if I use that option on the phone. I chat as lot via Kik, and it mutes those notifications along with calls and SMS, so I end up leaving the mute option unchecked.

My tablet practically lives in my hand, while many phone is usually in a pocket or out of reach. Tablet Talk has been a very nice app that fits in with how I use my devices these days.

Jstars

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Since you're promoting this product, why not head over to http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/201426-tablet-talk.html#post2081522 and help resolve the connectivity issues folks are having with Tablet Talk? Thanks!

I too had a heck of a time at first with connections. I tried everything .. enabled 4040 port everywhere i could on my router ... nothing worked. BT paired but Tablet Talk would not connect (all other BT devices connected fine).

Then I finally just powered off the phone and the tablet and powered them back on again ( deja vu WINDOWS eh?) and voila! Everything connects just fine now .. wifi and BT. Maybe some other non drastic method would have done same -- clearing app caches ?? Turning off wifi or BT completely and back on again?? Not sure.

So give powering down/up a try.

Very nice app -- i got it especially because it can pass thru audio/video/pictures MMS to the tablet -- my dinamotxt app did not pass media thru.

( be aware that it can't pass the media from the tablet back on out as MMS -- only receives media - but for now I am OK with that ).

J

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I originally had some connectivity issues also, even when my devices (galaxy nexus and galaxy tab both rooted with jelly bean) were bluetooth paired. But like Jstars I reset both devices (elixr2 restart widget) and since then it's been rock solid. Great app!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781