Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thesocialbatch
  • 1 Post By Kangy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are your favorite nexus 7 apps?

What are your favorite nexus 7 apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Catty_Bill likes this.

Default Re: What are your favorite nexus 7 apps?

- time tracking app for Android
    Time Meter helps to keep track of time spent on different tasks, projects and activities (personal affairs or business tasks, meetings or sports, work or commute)
    Thanked by:

PDANet Tablet plus FoxFi on my HTC EVO 4G. Makes it possible to use my HTC as a hotspot (via Bluetooth only since Sprint shut off the ability to use FoxFi in WiFi mode).
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sounds Cool.. Im check it out
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

what is PDANet Tablet and foxfi? Sorry im new to android.. But very happy im no longer an iphone person

I quite like news 360 and news republic.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Please check out my apps "Meeting Minutes" and "Meeting Minutes Pro" on google play... They are designed for tablets..

Thanks,
    Sriman
    http://www.srimanapps.com

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Tablet Talk - Great for texting and answering phone calls with my bluetooth headset. I usually have my Nexus in my hands or around me and rarely take the phone out of my pocket anymore.

HD Widgets - Looks absolutely amazing with the 6x1 tablet widget

Nova Launcher - multiple docs, custom drawer, really unlocks the customization potential of the Nexus

ROM Toolbox Pro - essential if you are rooted (if your not you should be), full App backup/sync with dropbox, launches nandroid, ad blocker, and more
    SuperSU - for root access

Firefox Beta (with Flash side-loaded) - access to my amazon prime videos

Google Currents - I have started to LOVE this app, my new daily news source

TaskSync - I'm a heavy outlook task user, great UI and 90% of all desktop functionality (catagories, etc.)

LogMeIn Ignition - access my work/home PC from the road

CanIStream.It - I have amazon prime and netflix, but also use crackle, and google play. This lets me type in a movie/show and it gives you a breakdown of where and how it's available (purchase,rent,stream) and for how much. Essential for move watchers.

FolderSync - with the limited storage on the N7, this really helps consolodate your various cloud storage services into one nice app. HIGHLY recommend

GNotes - evernote style sync with your gmail account (I use evernote for heavy work use, and this for light personal use)

SwiftKey 3 Tablet - BEST keyboard I've ever used, the stock keyboard is so vanilla compared to this

StickMount - (need root) allows connection to a external storage device via an OTG cable, great for taking a larger movie/media connection for long flights and trips away from WiFi zones

Quickoffice HD - (I've tried and own officesuite but prefer quickoffice for the fact it allows markup on PDF files) not available in the play store but can be purchased through amazon and loads just fine despite google play saying it's not compatible
    dynesh likes this.

Apex launcher
    Tapatalk
    Tabletsms
    Dolphin
    Swipepad
    Dropbox
    Dropsync
    Spotify
    Pocket
    Evernote

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have Nexus 7(7") and Acer a500 (10").

I will write down apps I actually use daily. Not apps I have it installed but rarely use, such as Shazam.

Btw, I am a tech geek, don't like to play games, and like taking photos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my list:

- Photographers (or ppl who has lots of photos) will love this app! Turns your tablet into a digital photo frame. Not only you can view photos that are copied into the tablet, but also photos from Facebook Album will be synced to your device.

- Best podcast app ever! I watch cnet news and nbc nightly news everyday with this. Do you have any other podcast you suggests?

- Best video app. I watch movie with this. I hook up with HDMI cable to watch in bigger monitor/TV.

- Using a desktop PC, whenever I come across a good article but long , I pocket using chrome extension. It syncs article into my tablet so that I can read later offline on my tablet. I use this app often when I am outside (no internet).

- Read e-books. The reason I bought tablet.

- When you have a tablet and carry it around, friends (or friends' kids) sometimes asks to play around with it. You want to lock apps that are private (gmail, facebook, google play (so that others cannot mistakenly(?) purchase paid apps), settings, and etc.)

- I use many news reading apps. Pulse , Feedly , Flipboard, and Currents. I can't say which one is better. They have their own advantages and disadvantages. I select which one to use depending on my use. I use pulse when I am lazy but want to update news quickly by just reading 'Best of technology' and 'Best of News'.