Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Dear Android O:) User if it is Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]
yours Mobile and Note ......
please Follow .. Setting > Google > removed account

then Login Gmail Account your Problem sort out...

lookinin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
:-* Follow Post #142 exactly. It will work.
Strangest thing, after upgrading to Jellybean 4.3 I could not get any apps to update. I was concerned about deleting my Google account, but since it's stored in the "cloud" it never really was deleted. Phew. So, as I said, follow the instructions on Post 142 and you should be golden. Thanks to the OP for taking the time to post the technique! Cheers. :cool:

DanoNH

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
On the Samsung Galaxy S3 that worked for me too!
First remove your Google account, go to Settings and scroll down to Accounts then select Google. At the top where it shows your e-mail address tap it then at the bottom of the page tap Remove account. Ignore all the dire warnings and follow it through until it's gone.
Now do the removal of the cache and data by going to Settings > Applications Manager >All and scroll down to Google Play Services. Tap this and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop.
Now go back one step and do the same for Google Play store, Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop. Now do it for Google Services Framework too.
Go back to the main menu and select Add account then Existing account and sign in with your username (usually your e-mail address) and password and agree to all until the account is created.
Now reboot the phone and viola! There will be a prompt about accepting Google terms, location settings etc. just agree and suddenly all your apps will be back and updating good as new!

Many thanks to all who helped on this one! :)

As many others have already indicated, you HAVE to delete your Google account on the mobile device, and then add it back again. You should also clear the relevant cache and data mentioned in the above quoted post by Fenderblender. You'll be greeted with permission requests for various installed Google components afterwards, and updating should work flawlessly!

It's no big deal, and you should get all your apps, app data and sync settings back without issue. :D

AmjadHussain

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Solution

Go to settings- Application manager- All tabs- " Google play services" and clear data as well as cache. and reboot ur device and launch Google play. It'll work
orelse
Go to Settings- Accounts- Delete ur existing account (dont wory it will remain in server) and close it.
then open Play Store and Settings- Add Account- Add your old existing account details and restart Play store,
to be assure just install any app...Iam sure any of that will work.

All the best... :cool:

SAMyers

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I go settings. I see Apps, and chose it. I see three columns, downloaded, SD card, running. If I chose running, then I get an option to see cached. My only option with them is to stop. There are no options to clear cache. After deleting the gmail accounts, stopping anything google related (play store, maps, search, etc), I then turn off the phone, wait a minute and turn it back on. When I add my email account back in, google now tells me I do not have a device. I have tried this half a dozen times. At this point I have not added anything google since the last deleteing and turning off.

How I got to this spot. I've been using an iphone for awhile. I was feeling the need for a change, so I went back to my Motorola Atrix 2 yesterday. I updated the software. I hadn't tried to use Play Store yet. My account with Amazon apps does work. However, some apps I'd like to have are only on google.

thanks

Text Messaging Guru

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
this worked great on my old htc inspire because it wouldn't download apps. thanks sooooo very much for this post!! very helpful!!:)
This is the full post from the other site -

Go to "Settings"
Tap ?Applications?
Tap ?Manage Applications?
Select "All"
Scroll to and tap ?Google Play Store?
Tap ?Force Stop?, tap ?OK?, tap ?Clear data?, and tap "OK".
Tap the Back button to get back to the applications list.
Scroll to and tap ?Google Service Framework?
Tap ?Force Stop?, tap ?OK?, tap ?Clear data?, and tap "OK".
Now reboot (switch on & off) your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy