Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314
Like Tree23Likes

Talking Re: Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Hi There, your problem might have been resolved by this time. But, still posting for others sake who visit this site

Solution:
    just ignore whatever you have in your mind regarding clearing data, uninstalling app updates, remove/add ing accounts, follow the below step to solve the problem at the cost of losing internal data unless you back up it!

step: go to Backup and Reset under Settings menu, just continue to Factory reset option and click on Erase data and restore (back up data if any as it removes everything)

njoy
    Thanked by:
    pinkroses likes this.

Default Re: Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderblender View Post
    On the Samsung Galaxy S3 that worked for me too!
    First remove your Google account, go to Settings and scroll down to Accounts then select Google. At the top where it shows your e-mail address tap it then at the bottom of the page tap Remove account. Ignore all the dire warnings and follow it through until it's gone.
    Now do the removal of the cache and data by going to Settings > Applications Manager >All and scroll down to Google Play Services. Tap this and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop.
    Now go back one step and do the same for Google Play store, Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop. Now do it for Google Services Framework too.
    Go back to the main menu and select Add account then Existing account and sign in with your username (usually your e-mail address) and password and agree to all until the account is created.
    Now reboot the phone and viola! There will be a prompt about accepting Google terms, location settings etc. just agree and suddenly all your apps will be back and updating good as new!

Many thanks to all who helped on this one!
    This totally worked for me today. My caller was easily able to go through the steps - i took out the removing the google account step, however - just cleared / force stopped the services in question and restarted the phone. They were just asked the default setup questions for google location services on the restart and then everything was working fine. Solved after a store rep, apple rep and another tech support rep here were unable to solve the issue

TH

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I am having the same problem "Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]". Please help me to resolve the PROBLEM.

Sir But How to Doing This??
    plz tell me Step By Step

Re: Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Re: Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

This post worked for me.Thanks a lot.

hi sir can you help me on my problem re:Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

i am new user of android please help me

Im also reseceiving the massage pls help resolve it

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Alexander View Post
    Ty so much for your help I had been trying to download for 2 days. Now the problem is saved Ty again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gemsbench View Post
    Im using samsung s3 how do u remove an account? Doesnt it require factory reset?

Hi Guys.

I m using a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo smart phone and trying to load whatsapp and facebook, however nothing works from play store. I have loaded the gmail account and deleted again as per advise on one of the replies on this website, tried installing directly from playstore but NOTHING.
    Can anyone help because I still get error while retrieving information from server.
    Thanks Yvette
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314