Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Julie Obrien

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you a thosand times.....youvesaved me throwing this tablet away.....even the guy in the repair shop couldn't help me...you are a star....blessings for anamazing year to you .....hurray

ali1206

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
thank you, thank you, thank you. worked a treat, upgraded my daughters 2.2 to a 4.0 at chrimbo went on to google play and got this error and couldn't download anything. Went in to SETTINGS, APPS, ALL APPS, GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK, FORCE STOP, CLEAR DATA, then restart your device. EASY PEASY.:)

malapalayam

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem "Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]". Please help me to resolve the same.

[email address removed]

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

sarg1526

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey can anyone please help me i have just bought a android 4.0 7 tablet and play store was working fine to start with now i keep getting this message i have tryed the remove google account and but it bk in that works but for only a couple of downloads then it say the message again, is there anyway to solve this r will i have to take it back.

baaz sheikh

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the answer to this problem. TELL ONE AND ALL TO SAVE XMAS
SETTINGS
APPS:AT TOP RIGHT GO TO ALL APPS THEN GO TO PLAY STORE AND CLEAR CACHE (NOT DATA)
THEN FORCE STOP.
COME OUT EVERYTHING TO THE HOME SCREEN.
GO BACK INTO SETTINGS
APPS
ALL APPS:THEN GO TO THE APP UNDER PLAY STORE (CALLED MARKETPLACE SERVICES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND CLEAR DATA (NOT CACHE) THEN FORCE STOP.
SWITCH OFF AND ON AND HEY PRESTO GET DOWNLOADING THOSE APPS.

I got xtouch 7" tab and having the same issue even tried those steps for clearing cache and data but still the same
Can any one help me with thiss.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything. Still no dice. You would think Google would put a better emphasis on fixing a problem of this magnitude. I looked up this code on their support page somewhere, and it was reported back in November. The update to it said there is no known way to fix it...... YET. seriously WTF?!?!?!?

**Update**

After signing out of my Google account on the phone, and then signing back in and re syncing everything, that seemed to get it to work. All my updates are pushing and I am no longer getting that problem. Before you do that step make sure your last sync was recent or just sync before you sign out.

Last edited:

JayTech

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was getting the exact same thing every time I tried downloading an app. I have the Tagital 7" Tablet. But I just followed the advice from a guy named JimTim? Something like that and he said to do this:
Settings:
Manage Apps:
-All Apps
-Play Store
-Clear cache (NOT DATA)
-Force Stop
-Google Service Framework
-Clear data (NOT CACHE)
-Force Stop
Shut off tablet
Turn back on
Then get to downloading!

I paraphrased his words. Do those steps and it works I have apps now! :) Hope it works for you too! :D

Thank you so so so much!!!! You have no idea how frustrated I have been since I got my new tablet for my birthday! I rewrote your instructions for others and I apologize for typing your name wrong but thank you again so much for your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

sixella12

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
This is the full post from the other site -

Go to "Settings"
Tap ?Applications?
Tap ?Manage Applications?
Select "All"
Scroll to and tap ?Google Play Store?
Tap ?Force Stop?, tap ?OK?, tap ?Clear data?, and tap "OK".
Tap the Back button to get back to the applications list.
Scroll to and tap ?Google Service Framework?
Tap ?Force Stop?, tap ?OK?, tap ?Clear data?, and tap "OK".
Now reboot (switch on & off) your device.

hi .. i followed this directions and everytime i open play store it says SERVER ERROR .. what should i do ? we just got it yesterday and now we can't download anything .. please help me :'(

sdeora

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. I faced the same problem on my Nexus 4 the first time I tried using Google Play. Followed this and the issue has been resolved.

saaim2606

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]
THIS MESSAGE KEEPS APPEARING WHEN EVER I TRY TO DOWNLOAD.I TRIED YOUR STEPS BUT NO SUCESS

Demy1

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
After the update on 4.2.2 i had the same error on play store. I could not update my installed applications and i had the same error while opening the play store.
But i did what you suggested and it worked fine.I logged off from my google account, then logged in again and everything is fine!
thank you all for your suggestions

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue from trying to force the update. The clear data/cache blah blah didn't work. I had to delete my Google account from the tablet. I rebooted it and readded the same account, and that solved it.