Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Angry An app to backup paid app's APK

Hey guys,

I've been looking for an app to do the mentioned task but couldn't find anything. I'm not rooted and don't want to be. (So please don't recommend TitaniumBackup or ...)
    I've tried "app backup and restore" and "MyBackup" but no success. Before I was able to do so using Airdroid but now Airdroid returns this error: Copy of below apps is prohibited.

I know my purchased apps are stored in my Google account but I don't want to download them again and again after each hard reset cause I do hard resets a lot. BTW I'm on Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 .

Thanx

Default Re: An app to backup paid app's APK

Only way to properly backup and restore apps is first to be rooted. Applications are installed to root level access part of the device " /data/app/ " and the only way for programs to get in there to make the backup is by being rooted. This is especially true for making backup's and restores of application data/settings unless the application has a built in option to do so.

Otherwise you could use a service like AppBrain which will automatically redownload them for you once you have your account setup but that is about the only other option I see.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.