An app to backup paid app's APK
I've been looking for an app to do the mentioned task but couldn't find anything. I'm not rooted and don't want to be. (So please don't recommend TitaniumBackup or ...)
I've tried "app backup and restore" and "MyBackup" but no success. Before I was able to do so using Airdroid but now Airdroid returns this error: Copy of below apps is prohibited.
I know my purchased apps are stored in my Google account but I don't want to download them again and again after each hard reset cause I do hard resets a lot. BTW I'm on Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 .
- 12-28-2012, 05:23 AM #2
Re: An app to backup paid app's APK
Only way to properly backup and restore apps is first to be rooted. Applications are installed to root level access part of the device " /data/app/ " and the only way for programs to get in there to make the backup is by being rooted. This is especially true for making backup's and restores of application data/settings unless the application has a built in option to do so.
Otherwise you could use a service like AppBrain which will automatically redownload them for you once you have your account setup but that is about the only other option I see.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By bjones521 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
- By gater in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 9Last Post: 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM
- By Kalums in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 8Last Post: 02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
- By jasjeetsingh in forum Android AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
- By dharma89 in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3GReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2010, 12:55 AM