Groove IP Choppy Voice to different area code

N8YRGRL

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using Groove IP over a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with a mobile hotspot 3G/4G. Calls within my own area code (Philadelphia suburbs) work well with no problems, but on calls to a friend in Louisville, KY (who has a landline only) he reports very choppy and sometimes garbled sound. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.....

nancy30

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
The voice disturbance could be because of the network delay, if the delay is being caused by latency on the network and if the 4g network has less latency then the delay will be reduced. It's hard to say for sure since I don't know about the network in your area. But in general the better the network the less delay and better voice quality.

N8YRGRL

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Can you please explain a bit further? I don't understand what you mean by latency on the network. The mobile hotspot uses Sprint's 3G/4G network, which I understand is not so good compared with others, but I am in a major metro area near Philadelphia. I also had cellphone service with Sprint (which I have since discontinued) and the voice quality stank on the cell in this area. Thanks for your help!

DownhillNexus

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i'm getting a bad echo. Not on my tablet side but the cell phone side of the phone calls I make. Connection is good, Verizon phone has 4 bars. Odd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney