Best way to fully remove apps?

lucasbuck

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my first tablet, a Note 10.1 Since space is limited I was wondering what the best way to remove apps is? (I figured there might be an app for that) Since I was going to try out different ones, and remove some as I settle into what I like, I was worried there might be little traces left here and there taking up space like on a PC. Or do I just use the standard remove app feature? Thanks for any advice!

anon(5486833)

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 7 I use the Clean Master app. I uninstall from there generally but even if I dont and uninstall from some where else, it still sometimes prompts me of left overs and if I wish to delete them. There are several other cleaners, including a task cleaner I dont use, in the app. This is best way I know of to remove an app. I am using an unrooted device and its possible there are better apps or better ways to remove apps on a rooted device. Maybe someone can chime in on the benefits or non benefits of app removal in a rooted device. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes not all traces are deleted. If you use a file explorer you'll see folders of some of the apps that were uninstalled. I've only tried a couple of other uninstallers and they don't seem to do any better better than stock. The only advantage is that most 3rd party uninstallers allow for multiple uninstalls at once where as with stock you have to do it one at a time. If space really becomes an issue you can root the device to be able to install apps on sd.

lucasbuck

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm dumb, but I've really searched and can't find the answer (and it's my first tablet). What folder do apps get installed to? Or do I need root to see it? Using ES Explorer.

anon(5486833)

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm dumb, but I've really searched and can't find the answer (and it's my first tablet). What folder do apps get installed to? Or do I need root to see it? Using ES Explorer.

I believe you'll need to root to get that kind of file access. Im not rooted and am not 100% sure but I think I read it somewhere in this forum. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2