Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android App- Equivalent of MS Office?

Hi all,

I wonder anyone could help me. Is there an app that opens Microsoft Office documents and that you can also you like MS Office, e.g. to write documents, make spreadsheets, etc? If so, do any come highly recommended?

Global Posts
    20,936 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android App- Equivalent of MS Office?

Quote Originally Posted by newbieben View Post
    Hi all,

I wonder anyone could help me. Is there an app that opens Microsoft Office documents and that you can also you like MS Office, e.g. to write documents, make spreadsheets, etc? If so, do any come highly recommended?
    Welcome to the forums!
    Yes I have one to recommend. Kingsoft Office. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fice_eng&hl=en It allows you to view and edit documents. This was such a good app that I got the software for my PC as well, as my trial for MS office expired.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Agree with the post above about Kingsoft Office. Its available in Google play store and best of all its free. It allows you to view, edit, save etc all commonly used documents. I have been using it for a few months now.

Other apps are available such as
    OfficeSuite
    Documents to go
    Quick office

Which are all easy to use, however to edit your documents you have to upgrade to the paid version (free versions only allow you to view)

Kal

Edit: Stumbled across this topic and did not realize it was in the Tablet Apps section. For now my comment is completely pointless

After yesterdays news, if you happen to be an office 365 subscriber, you can use Microsoft's newly released office app to write documents. Ive done very limited testing on it on android, but it seems to be set up exactly like it was on my windows phone
    T-Mobile G1-->Motorola Backflip-->Samsung Captivate-->Motorola Atrix-->Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX-->LG Nexus 4-->Samsung Galaxy Note 2-->Samsung Galaxy Note 3