MightyText - SMS Text Messaging from PC or Tablet

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Was hoping to get some feedback from others on whether or not they use this app and if it works correctly for them. I discovered this app on one of those "top 20 apps" lists and thought it was an excellent concept. A price of free is also attractive. Followed all the instructions per the Play Store. Got everything all set up and configured but can't for the life of me get my contact names to show up properly on my tablet. It has all the numbers and I can usually figure out who's texting me but it is pretty annoying. I found a help article from the dev. and followed the instructions but to no avail. What's odd, is some of my contacts have the right Facebook profile picture but still no contact name, just the number. I've tried uninstalling the app across all my devices (clearing data and cache) and then doing a complete reinstall. But still the issue persists. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what you might have done to possibly fix the problem. I've been in contact with the dev. support, but I'm guessing they aren't quite sure how to fix it as they stopped responding to any of my follow-up emails. I see a few review comments from others with similar issues, but no response on how to fix. Would be great to get this working as the app is pretty slick. Thanks in advance.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Voice, and that's the functionality I get. All the other apps I've seen like this require you to have the people you are contacting use that app as well. That's not a good solution for me.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've used it on my nexus 7 2013 model and worked fine. I also liked how it gave your battery percentage of your phone in the corner while using the program. The notifications come almost exact to the phone and tablet. It's useful when trying to charge your device and don't want to be stuck in a spot with the chord. Didn't notice to much issue of battery life with the tablet either. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Sure, download the program and you should be able to. It's all internet driven after all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It looks like you can send them and receive but it's tied to your Google Voice number, not your actual mobile number. And I don't see that it syncs your existing messages so that you can also see those with GV. That is what I was hoping to accomplish and why I went with MightyText initially. Perhaps TabletSMS would be a better a option.

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Root and either install cyanogenmod or install xposed framework with Voice+.

That will get message syncing working

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Root and either install cyanogenmod or install xposed framework with Voice+.

That will get message syncing working

Appreciate all the replies but rooting my GS4 has proved to be more difficult than it's worth. So I'm still running stock ROM. I think I will give TabletSMS a try. And stick with GV as my default voice mail handler.

Last edited:

anon(5477192)

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just began using it. All I see on my phone when I open the app is a settings link so I began using Hangouts, though I could just use the stock messaging app on my gs4 too. It works on my tablet and computer as advertised.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm