| || |
Professional 3D modeling app
Professional 3D modeling on tablets and smartphones is viable finally!
- Major new version of Spacedraw available, further extensive updates to follow soon and regularly
- is a full-featured 3D-modeling program for all Android tablets and smartphones
- is developed from scratch to make use of multi-touch and motion-sensors throughout
- introduces novel ways of viewing, drawing & modeling
- CAD construction
- advanced polygon & patch modeling
- lighting & texture mapping
Since the release in October 2012, Spacedraw has proved suitable for creating professional artwork, see the images below, done 100% with Spacedraw on a 4" smartphone (using beta versions of the new release).
However, Spacedraw was not developed further for over a year, and serious bugs and shortcomings prevented its application in real-world projects. This will change with the release of version 1.1 today, that fixes over 20 serious bugs and adds more than 10 important features, e.g.
- orthographic projection
- backface culling
- freezing objects
- unselect tools
- repeated extrude
- completely redesigned reference CS management
The further development runs at full speed now, next updates soon will bring
- fundamental usability improvements
- interactive help and tutorials
- substantial performance increase
- stylus support
- a complete revision of the painting tools
- a multitude of new functionalities, e.g. advanced rendering capabilities, boolean operations
- full-featured animation
Suggestions for improvements are highly welcome and will be taken seriously!
See Scalisoft Spacedraw for further information
Spacedraw is available as a free version without ads on Google Play and Amazon that can be used with the following limitations:
- only scenes with up to 1000 vertices can be saved or exported as .obj files
- the undo-history cannot be saved to files
A key can be purchased for currently just $2.99 (until March 8, then $11.99) to remove these limitations (Google Play , Amazon)