Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default K9 Mail: Not showing Gmail Contacts.

Hi All

I use K9 Mail to check my emails on my Android phone and I have 5 gmail account setup in the program.

As per another thread herein, I exported my Outlook contacts (from my notebook) as a CSV file and imported the same into one of my Gmail accounts on the gmail website.

But subsequently when I try to send email from this Gmail account on my phone, none of the contacts appear in the To list.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!! (puzzled)

Shaleen

Default Re: K9 Mail: Not showing Gmail Contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by shaleen55 View Post
    Hi All

I use K9 Mail to check my emails on my Android phone and I have 5 gmail account setup in the program.

As per another thread herein, I exported my Outlook contacts (from my notebook) as a CSV file and imported the same into one of my Gmail accounts on the gmail website.

But subsequently when I try to send email from this Gmail account on my phone, none of the contacts appear in the To list.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!! (puzzled)

Shaleen

I don't use K9 mail client (or at least haven't in quite a while), but one thing to make sure is that contact sync is turned on for that gmail account on your phone, under the general account settings (not the K9 settings, but rather the main phone settings).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: K9 Mail: Not showing Gmail Contacts.

Hi paintdrinkingpete (funny name! please find something else to drink. haha!)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I setup the account and synced it in my main settings. Actually the gmail-contacts show up in the preloaded Email app on my phone but not in K9Mail ? I can't understand why ? In K9 Mail, only email-id of my phone-contacts show up, but not the gmail-contacts. !!

Shaleen
    Last edited by shaleen55; 03-12-2014 at 05:41 AM.