moving apps to sd card

Mowdy

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey peepz i have just Bought me an Samsung galaxy tab s and the only problem i have is That i not always can move downloaded apps to My sd card. Why cant i do it with all apps. Best regards and sincerly thomas //Denmark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It just depends on the app and how it's coded. When you move an app to SD, you're not moving the whole thing there--only a portion of it. I don't know the details, but I would imagine that some developers don't allow for the move since it would cause too much trouble with how the app functions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Heh heh, I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm not a coder, but I would guess that there are certain criteria for app files that can be placed on an SD, and those that have to remain on Internal Storage in order to function correctly.

zuv

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I ended up removing some of the Google apps entirely that I don't use like the news one....If I want news I'll get it on my computer tyvm xD....but from the way I understand it...its a little bit faster to run an app from the main storage and more simple to do so...even when you click "move to SD card" it only moves some of the data that is not needed all the time like for a game they may just move save files and some other information the game may use but leaves all the things needed to be playing the game on your phone and some extremely simple apps will sometimes just make it so you can not move anything to your SD card because the app is so simple that there is barely anything they feel is worth putting on the SD card anyway...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke