What application do you use to view and edit MS Office documents on Android?

jeff_hanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to know about your experience with office apps for Android.
The Polaris Office suite that came on my eee Pad Transformer appears to do a respectable job with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. There's also a Google Docs Android app, but it is not tablet optimized (yet).

NathanB501

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: What application do you use to view and edit MS Office docume

We just started using QuickOffice Pro HD for our tablets. Haven't had it for very long so I'm not familiar with all the features. It does let you easily edit, zoom, change font, select words / sentances for easy cut, copy, paste and in a very computerized female voice will read the document to you. I haven't explored if we can change the voice.

Courante

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Documents2Go, the paid version. Works great to not only open and edit Office files, but you can also create new files as well. Advanced formatting not available for PowerPoint files, and some formatting looks different than the PC counterpart, but the app doesn't mess up the formatting if you make simple edits to existing content. Works great on my Motorola Xoom (Honycomb) as well as my Samsung Infuse 4G (Froyo).

mxbp

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

New to tablets, and since there is apparently ho 'HELP' for Polaris, could anybody let me know how you actually select text in Polaris Office for copying etc?

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Documents2Go paid version works great on the Evo4g and Acer Iconia and is compatabile with office on the pc. Can create documents on the pc, upload them to either the phone or tablet, usually both and can edit on the fly and back save the docs as needed. The only thing I did initially before getting the tablet, was optimise the documents so they read easier on the evo by making the excel or word doc more narrow so you didn't have to scroll to read all of the doc but it doesn't matter on the 10 inch tablet, all my pc generated docs work fine on the Iconia.

Haven't use Polaris Office Suite so I'm no help there.

bragadonvio

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Muchas gracias por la informacion, estaba en el mismo dilema, ahora los probare haber que tal.:)

mantiz#AC

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I have docs to go paid version on my viewpad 7 when l send a word document file via email attachment it can't open it Any reason why? I tried a pdf doc and had no problem

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

IMHO Docs2Go's free viewer has a nicer presentation of documents; however Docs2Go doesn't support .txt files even in its paid version. Because most of my notes on my puter are .txt in a folder on the desktop, I prefer Quickoffice---whose free viewer opens .txt files.

polarisflyer

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

My Asus Transformer TF101 came with PolarisOffice installed. It does way more than just view MS Office documents, it truly lets me create files from scratch! I wish you could get this app from the Market but Polaris is only being offered as an OEM solution.

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I was a fan of Docs to Go but recently decided Quickoffice has a superior interface and much better PowerPoint editing capabilities. No regrets on the purchase.

Spellcheck would be nice....but they all lack that.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to Android and Quickoffice came pre-installed. On my Blackberry with Docs to Go, I had a spreadsheet where the top row was frozen. Quickoffice doesn't seem to be respecting that and I can't find a setting to do that. Any ideas?

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm new to Android and Quickoffice came pre-installed. On my Blackberry with Docs to Go, I had a spreadsheet where the top row was frozen. Quickoffice doesn't seem to be respecting that and I can't find a setting to do that. Any ideas?

QuickOffice does not support Freeze Pane.
That's why I use DocsToGo more when dealing with spreadsheets.
I contacted QuickOffice support, and they don't have a time frame as to if or when they will add this feature.

I also run into the issue of QuickOffice not being able to open quite a few of my spreadsheets that were saved by DocumentsToGo.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply. Now I decide if that one issue is worth $15. Any other differences I should consider?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lingcod777

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
QuickOffice does not support Freeze Pane.
That's why I use DocsToGo more when dealing with spreadsheets.
I contacted QuickOffice support, and they don't have a time frame as to if or when they will add this feature.

I also run into the issue of QuickOffice not being able to open quite a few of my spreadsheets that were saved by DocumentsToGo.

Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed yet. It looks like there are some other formatting options lacking in formatting as well. I'm going to send them an email too. That said, once they both have your money I suppose it's no big deal to use either.

If one is cost sensitivive, another arguement for DTG is you can load on both phone and tablet with the same purchase. Quickoffice HD is tablets only.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply. Now I decide if that one issue is worth $15. Any other differences I should consider?

QuickOffice lags when scrolling through spreadsheets containing a lot of data. It's even worse on my tablet.
DocsToGo is super speedy. No lag whatsoever.

Appmaster#AC

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I could say only good things about OfficeSuite. One of my colleagues showed it to me few days ago, and it really works great for now. I still use trial, but gonna purchase it. Much better than the previous app. I used before.

huawuban

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

New to tablets, and since there is apparently ho 'HELP' for Polaris, could anybody let me know how you actually select text in Polaris Office for copying etc?

double tap on a word to select and copy/paste banner will pop up on the top when long tap on the selection.

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I prefer Polaris on my Asus Transformer, though I have been using Docs to Go since it can sync with Google Docs. I can't stand using the official Google Docs app on my tablet or on my DINC.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams