Battery Life

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
What have peoples experience been with battery life so far? Mince has been less than stellar. I am hoping it will settle down after a few days. I turned off Wifi and that seems to help a lot. I am using a WatchMaker face, so that might be the culprit, but I am wondering what others are seeing with the stock faces.

On another note. This watch seems a lot 'snapper' performance wise than my Urbane or Sony Smart Watch 3.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you consider "less than stellar"? I can get 28 hours if I don't charge overnight. Otherwise, normal use, I've been getting from 8am-midnight and having about 30% left.

To be honest, it kicks the original Moto 360 in the **** for battery life and performance.

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Example - took it off charge 3.5 hours ago. I am at 74% right now. I would kill for the battery life you are getting. What watch face are you using?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol ok, I just looked and from 8am to now, 2:30, I still have 79% left. It's been a light day though.

I'm just using the standard Chronograph watch face in black.

snowdroid83

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
What have peoples experience been with battery life so far? Mince has been less than stellar. I am hoping it will settle down after a few days. I turned off Wifi and that seems to help a lot. I am using a WatchMaker face, so that might be the culprit, but I am wondering what others are seeing with the stock faces.

On another note. This watch seems a lot 'snapper' performance wise than my Urbane or Sony Smart Watch 3.

Watchmaker has always been a massive battery drain for me on my 360 and g watch r. Looking forward to getting this watch though, mine is set to arrive in a week.

Also I think android wear won't be fully optimised for Intel hardware until 6.0. I read somewhere there is specific code for Intel within the update

Posted via the Android Central App

papaya55

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've bought my Tag Heuer Connected yesterday in New York store and I'm using it with an iPhone at the moment. I love the design and the responsiveness, but today the battery was dead after 10 hours...
I've read that wifi affect battery life, but I can't find how to disable it. I need some help...
Thank you

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've bought my Tag Heuer Connected yesterday in New York store and I'm using it with an iPhone at the moment. I love the design and the responsiveness, but today the battery was dead after 10 hours...
I've read that wifi affect battery life, but I can't find how to disable it. I need some help...
Thank you

Go into settings - swipe down and over three times to get there.

Then scroll down 4 to WiFi and turn it off.

papaya55

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings - swipe down and over three times to get there.

Then scroll down 4 to WiFi and turn it off.

Thank you very much for your answer, but it seems missing this option on my watch... :'(
In settings I've got:
Adjust brightness
Change watch face
Font size
Always-on screen
Wrist gestures
Airplane mode
Accessibility
Screen lock
Factory reset
Restart
Power off
About

My versions are:
android wear
Google play services
Android os

I guess if this can happen because I use an iPhone with the android wear app and not an android phone...

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It could be because of iOS, or (hopefully), you just need to wait a bit for the watch to update. I know mine updated a while after I got it.
I'm at version 1.3.0.2403569
Google play 8.3.01

Let us know what happens.

andy727

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for your answer, but it seems missing this option on my watch... :'(
I guess if this can happen because I use an iPhone with the android wear app and not an android phone...

When using IOS, on-watch wifi is not supported. I just got mine yesterday and learning about what is and is not supported.

kushaharan

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
So far I am NOT impressed with my battery life. My work day is usually 13-14 hour shifts, and I am finding my watch will last a maximum of 7 (wifi on), 10 hours (wifi off), and 11 hours (wifi off and gesture control off) before dying.

In Australia, the local tag heuer boutiques don't stock any accessories for the tag heuer connected, and thus I am unable to purchase a charger/cradle to keep at work.

I am open to any advise on better battery management?!

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm now getting 16+ hours consistently. I'd still like more, but this is (barely) acceptable. I am using a custom watchmaker face and have WiFi and Gesture off. I do get a lot of notifications and use OK Google quite a bit during the day.
It took a week + for the watch to 'settle' into its current state.

snowdroid83

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm now getting 16+ hours consistently. I'd still like more, but this is (barely) acceptable. I am using a custom watchmaker face and have WiFi and Gesture off. I do get a lot of notifications and use OK Google quite a bit during the day.
It took a week + for the watch to 'settle' into its current state.

That's nuts! I usually take mine off the charged at 6am, back on the charged at 11pm and I usually have 50% left. WiFi and gestures both on

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a Tag Connected, however I have noticed the "tilt to wake" feature have a huge impact on my battery life with other Android Wear watches.

If you have this setting on, try running without it and see if that helps battery life.

Best of luck!

DubioustheBrave

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I picked up the Tag Connected the other day and have just started playing and as far as I can find there isn't an option to turn off the "tilt to wake" feature. It doesn't show in the settings options on the watch or in the Android Wear app. I'm one of those weird people that wears the watch on the inside of their wrist, so it is always lighting up when I don't need it to be, so if anyone does know how to turn it off I'm very interested to hear!