How to add the device to Google Play??

andy727

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but I'm not figuring it out. When I try to download a new app (Race Chrono), using my computer, it gives me this error:
"You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag icon) on your device with this email account."

Where is the Google Play app on the watch? I don't see any white shopping bag icon. It seems like I need to add the device to my Google Play account... I do have a Google Play account and I have gmail up and running on the watch no problems.

I have also tried using my phone, but nothing in the Android Wear app on my iPhone 6+.

Any help is appreciated!

andy727

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.

That link is interesting, but I hope that it is not correct. The sales guy at the Tag store set up my watch and paired it with my iPhone. He told me that I would have access to download apps, especially the Tag Heuer specific(tailored) apps. I don't imagine wanting to install too many apps, but I would at least like Google Maps and the Tag Heuer ones, such as Race Chrono.

I have also logged a support ticket through the Tag web site. I will be sure to post back here when I know more.

andy727

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
icwhatudidthere, you were right. I received an email back from Tag support. At this time, there is no support to download and install apps on the watch when using an iPhone.

I wish that the sales people were better educated. Both of my visits to the Tag boutique made me understand that I would be able to install apps. I hate this feeling of disappointment because I was so excited about the watch. :-/

I wonder if I can buy a cheap Android tablet and use that to install the apps. Do you think that would work? Or would I have to always have the tablet with me for the apps to work? Any other ideas to improve the experience? I'd hate to return the watch because I really like it.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Practical ideas? Not really. With the Android tablet, you'd be able to install apps but Android Wear is unable to connect to two devices at once so you'd have to be on Wifi for the watch to receive any updates from the tablet.

One really roundabout way would be to turn on tethering on your iPhone, connect the watch to the iPhone's wifi and leave the Android tablet at home turned on.

This is all off the top of my head, you might want to ask in the full Android Wear forum. It's not Tag specific so you might get better answers on installing apps and using an iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae