Warning on charging the TAG Heuer Connected

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My watch started exhibiting an issue where the bottom third of the display went white or brownish with vertical lines. (see photo)

2016-07-09 09.07.58.jpg

I called Tag today and spoke to someone who told me this is a known issue due to overheating from charging for long periods of time (I WAS charging overnight). They seem to know about the issue and have fixed the issue in new versions of the watch. I am sending mine back for warranty repair/replacement. The tech from Tag said the watch should only be charged 1-2 hours at a time - not sure if this relates to the fixed version.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Had mine replaced with the same issue. Got a new one overnight.

If they fixed it, I wonder if it's now ok to leave it charging overnight?

I also noticed the new one doesn't say "Swiss Engineered" on the bottom part of the bezel anymore.

adameksoft

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi
What where first two letters of serial number of yours broken watch. I got mine two weeks ago, and i want be sure mine is fine to be charge overnight...Mine starts with PE..and build number is M1D63C
Thank you for info
Adam

pedronev925

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Had mine replaced with the same issue. Got a new one overnight.

If they fixed it, I wonder if it's now ok to leave it charging overnight?

I also noticed the new one doesn't say "Swiss Engineered" on the bottom part of the bezel anymore.

I don't have a problem charging but was interested in your last comment

Do you know why some say "swiss engineered" and some don't? Mine didn't have that text when I purchased it and have wondered why but had no joy finding an answer 😔

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that they originally put there to connect it to the Swiss watch industry somehow, since they couldn't say Made in Switzerland. I have a feeling that someone had an issue with it since its internals are probably engineered by Intel.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar screen issue with one from a very early production run (I got mine the week it was released). I don't think it was the charging that did it, but they never really identified what happened. I took it back to the "boutique" Tag store I bought it from and they replaced it. I haven't had that problem since, but I certainly still have an early model (and it does say Swiss Engineered).

Seems like growing pains for Tag. Hope I don't have more probs!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech