Samsung Kies won't allow me to update

McLovin_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to upgrade my SGH-T959D from telus to gingerbread from froyo. I am currently running froyo because I accidentally messed up when trying to install an ICS Rom. And I was finally able to unbrick it by flashing the stock Rom. But when I connect it to Samsung kies, it says "your phone connect be upgraded via kies". If anyone could just upload the Rom, I'd probably be able to use Odin to flash it. Or if anyone has a fix for kies it would be much appreciated. :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Jtaks

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to upgrade my SGH-T959D from telus to gingerbread from froyo. I am currently running froyo because I accidentally messed up when trying to install an ICS Rom. And I was finally able to unbrick it by flashing the stock Rom. But when I connect it to Samsung kies, it says "your phone connect be upgraded via kies". If anyone could just upload the Rom, I'd probably be able to use Odin to flash it. Or if anyone has a fix for kies it would be much appreciated. :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Hey, I had the same problem. I upgraded kies to a new version 2 days ago and it recognizes my phone, but it says I can't upgrade via kies. I found a fix though.

All i did was restored my efs folder, got my original IMEI back, and it let me upgrade it. For some reason when I flashed stock, it gave me that generic IMEI with a bunch of zeros in it. I guess kies doesn't appreciate that number.

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1540809
Look under ICS/JB roms.

Last edited: