telus samsung fascinate soft brick

Darren Lowe

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have a telus samsung fascinate (sgh-t959d). I had rooted the phone and successfully unlocked it so i could use it on the bell network. I tried to use odin to flash a new custom rom and part way through, the usb connection dropped and the flash failed. Now I think it is softbricked. I cannot get it to go into download mode at all. Tried every button combo with battery in/out and connected to the pc. tried making a usb jig with a resistor value of 301k that did not work. That may have been my soldering skills though. I have ordered one online and currently waiting for it to arrive.

The problem i am currently having is when i connect the phone to the pc, there seems to be no connection at all. There is no sound indicating a usb device has been attached. Have looked everywhere and it is not showing as any type of device at all. I have tried the usb ports in the front and back and a mix usb 2.0/3.0. The only thing that that happens is a white circle made up of a bunch lines shows up on the screen and stays until i pull the battery. I get this when i plug it into the wall for charging. This indicates to me that there is power being detected by the phone over the usb cord. I am mystified as to why there seems to be no connection made between pc and phone.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have a telus samsung fascinate (sgh-t959d). I had rooted the phone and successfully unlocked it so i could use it on the bell network. I tried to use odin to flash a new custom rom and part way through, the usb connection dropped and the flash failed. Now I think it is softbricked. I cannot get it to go into download mode at all. Tried every button combo with battery in/out and connected to the pc. tried making a usb jig with a resistor value of 301k that did not work. That may have been my soldering skills though. I have ordered one online and currently waiting for it to arrive.

The problem i am currently having is when i connect the phone to the pc, there seems to be no connection at all. There is no sound indicating a usb device has been attached. Have looked everywhere and it is not showing as any type of device at all. I have tried the usb ports in the front and back and a mix usb 2.0/3.0. The only thing that that happens is a white circle made up of a bunch lines shows up on the screen and stays until i pull the battery. I get this when i plug it into the wall for charging. This indicates to me that there is power being detected by the phone over the usb cord. I am mystified as to why there seems to be no connection made between pc and phone.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you remember where the flash failed, and when you try to go into download mode is the screen just blank? or do you get a picture of a pc and phone?

Darren Lowe

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i don't remember where it failed. I do get the phone and pc with the yellow triangle in the middle. I tried every combination of buttons listed on this site and that is all i can get. My pc will not see it and i have tried generic drivers and specific drivers for the samsung fascinate. most of the time the installations fail. when plugging into the a charger of into a usb port i get a circle comprised of a whole lot of lines radiating from the center and it hangs there. No animation but it does charge.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i don't remember where it failed. I do get the phone and pc with the yellow triangle in the middle. I tried every combination of buttons listed on this site and that is all i can get. My pc will not see it and i have tried generic drivers and specific drivers for the samsung fascinate. most of the time the installations fail. when plugging into the a charger of into a usb port i get a circle comprised of a whole lot of lines radiating from the center and it hangs there. No animation but it does charge.

would you allow me to screen share with you? Phone and PC picture is download mode. so if we can get the pc to recognize that we can flash