Froyo for the Telus Facinate has been released

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I will give you a run down once I loaded it. I can't right now since I am at work and will be going home to Toronto later tonight.

Poor me.

Rabid_Gypsy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the leak for over a week now, as far as I can tell it's the same. Works awesome! Very snappy, added a silent widget to the status bar (that only does vibrate). Everything else is just the froyo version of the same.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the leak for over a week now, as far as I can tell it's the same. Works awesome! Very snappy, added a silent widget to the status bar (that only does vibrate). Everything else is just the froyo version of the same.

Thanks for heads up. I have a copy of that leaked "official" build but I was hesitant in installing it in to my device.

By the way do I have to unroot my Fascinate before I flash in the official build?

Thanks

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Nah Telus is gsm so it doesn't mean much. The rumor about the Epic 4G getting it for christmas is a better sign. But Verizon is just as bad about updates as Samsung, it's a combination.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Really?? Those guys have been running Froyo leaks for a while I guess I just assumed they had it by now. Sad.

I just want a leak!! Lol

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Make sure everyone reading this thread is aware that the Telus Fascinate is a GSM device, and anyone with a CDMA Verizon Fascinate should not try to apply anything to their phone that is intended for the Telus version

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

2 questions:

1) Did you have GPS issues before the update?
2) How does your GPS work after the update?

jeffmorr

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I've been running on Froyo for little over 5 minutes. It's annoying that I needed a PC with Keis to install it, but i can forgive them.

1) I now have full Google supported Voice search, unlike that old Vlingo stuff. That likely won't affect you Verizon users who have Bing

2) New Car Home, Desk Home, Kobo is preinstalled, Samsung IM apps

3) Quadrant isn't working for me. Theres a problem at the I/O on 1/4 (File system writes), but Neocore gives me and average of 55.5 FPS

4) I don't see any new widgets

5) Settings are slightly changed, with coloured icons

6) I got a GPS Lock that was 20 blocks off within 5 seconds. Are there any GPS apps that tell you how well it works?

7) New Market is not preinstalled, but I'm going to try the APK, and see if it works this time (Update: I have the new Market, no hack!)

8) 1 New Live Wallpaper, that's really ugly, called "Aurora"

9) FINALLY! It fixed an issue that I had where the names of my contacts wouldn't show up when I was in the Message app

10) I'm still not able to set the 4th homescreen as my main screen, which is a bit annoying coming from a Hero.

Just ask me any questions if you have any!

Last edited:

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
All Verizon users need to remember that even though the devices are both called the Fascinate that attempting to flash this rom will likely either not work or give you a very nice plastic brick..

I will however say that a new Froyo build for the CDMA model is currently testing and alot of the issues in the last build seem to be much better.

Reactions: ChuckG73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles