Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Telus Fascinate Case Thread

    Hey guys I thought I'd create a thread for different cases for us Canadian folk.

    Thanks to Ronindan's recommendations i picked up a Case-Mate Tough last night from the Bell store.

    Obviously this case is for the Bell Vibrant but it fits the Fascinate perfectly. The only downside as mentioned was the screen protector which has a cutout for the home button. I havent installed this yet but will once the kids are in bed. (will be done in steamy bathroom to minimize dust etc, but never tried this method in the past)

    That being said case is nice and well built. Much nicer than those cheesy skins you can buy.

    Pros:
    - nice design
    - Fits nice and snug
    - seems like it will protect phone "fairly decently"
    - when set face down phone doesnt tend to slip around too much due.to the design where the silicone is exposed around frame


    Cons:
    - power/lock button is a little too flush with side of case making it a bit of a pain sometimes to quickly lock phone
    - back is a little too slippery for me but some will prefer this. I will modify and report back on this
    - not 100% tough i suspect. To acheive this I believe this would come at a cost of added bulk, mabe they will come out with a "super tough" version

    All in all I think ill stick with this for a while. Havent seen anything better for me in three stores (BB, FS, Wallymart etc)

    Ill.update this.post if I have some more thoughts to add, right now though i have 2 diapers to change booo





    Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Nice review. The otterbox commuter (for the T-mobile Vibrant) looks pretty good as well. But I it is to close to the case mate tough case.

    The case that I really want is the ottorbox defender, to bad it is only available to the VZV Fascinate and Captivate.
    Thanked by:
    sdmf 
  3. #3  
    tripplec's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

    Default

    Telus is only in Canadian this applies to the Canadian product. Hence everything in this thread should only be relating to the Fascinate sold by Telus. I believe thats the main reason the thread was recently separated to eliminate confustion with other Samsung phone with the same name. Bad move on Samsungs part. Galaxy S maybe common but thats where the lines split throughout the world.

    I find the power button hard enough to push without a case and fiddling in the car & with the volume buttons on the left its hard to squeeze either side with touching the other. Although its easier when in hand and not in a car mount carrier. I had a Desire and it was so so much easier. Even their software package is much much better a pretty good voice dial support. Samsungs is unusable IMO.
    Telus Fascinate
    ROM: Telus Stock, update via Kies pending due to killing one Fascinate. This is my 2nd Fascinate now.
    Location: Markham, ON, CA
    Phones:LG Shine Plus (Telus), Tried 2 Desire's, now Fascinate
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    The purpose I had in mind for this thread is for ANY case that will work with the TELUS phone. From My research, it appears the US T-Mobile Vibrant cases would be just fine (actually even better then the bell vibrant).

    Just my opinion, but I dont believe we need to "limit" the Telus Fascinate forums to only things Telus related, but rather anything that can be related to the Telus Fascinate. Know what I mean?
  5. #5  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    Telus is only in Canadian this applies to the Canadian product. Hence everything in this thread should only be relating to the Fascinate sold by Telus. I believe thats the main reason the thread was recently separated to eliminate confustion with other Samsung phone with the same name. Bad move on Samsungs part. Galaxy S maybe common but thats where the lines split throughout the world.

    I find the power button hard enough to push without a case and fiddling in the car & with the volume buttons on the left its hard to squeeze either side with touching the other. Although its easier when in hand and not in a car mount carrier. I had a Desire and it was so so much easier. Even their software package is much much better a pretty good voice dial support. Samsungs is unusable IMO.
    What are you complaining about? . We are not exactly swimming here in accessories for the Telus Fascinate. That is why we have to look for other sources. And if you read the older posts, T-mobile Vibrant is physically identical to the Bell Vibrant.
  6. #6  
    mbuxx's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
    .. it appears the US T-Mobile Vibrant cases would be just fine (actually even better then the bell vibrant).

    Good to hear, i just ordered about 4 for my fiancee and i off ebay. Ill post some reviews on them...not expecting to be blown out of the water, they were about 4 bucks each lol.
  7. #7  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Hi guys, since we are talking about accessories. Any suggestions for a top loading or vertical holsters? The ones I have been seeing so far in stores are harizontal ones and I am not a big fan.

    Thanks


    Cheers.
  8. #8  
    wwowz's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default

    nice! I can't wait for an update from T-mobile vibrant cases on telus fascinate

    Honestly they look exactly the same!
  9. #9  
    tripplec's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronindan View Post
    Hi guys, since we are talking about accessories. Any suggestions for a top loading or vertical holsters? The ones I have been seeing so far in stores are harizontal ones and I am not a big fan.

    Thanks


    Cheers.
    I am looking for a belt clip w/threw or over the belt security type. I have seen some advertized from .50"-.75" thick and the later sound way to sloppy a fit. For me a verticle case is too long for the belt , it can pop off or push off the clip without a security loop as well. Be careful about that if you go that way and stay away from plastic clips since they do break. I went through a few with my palm treo before I got the other type I just mentioned.

    So far I tote it in my shirt pocket until I find a better solution for this thin phone.

    PS: Some add say the magnet can cause problems. Anyone on the case magnet affecting this phone.
    Telus Fascinate
    ROM: Telus Stock, update via Kies pending due to killing one Fascinate. This is my 2nd Fascinate now.
    Location: Markham, ON, CA
    Phones:LG Shine Plus (Telus), Tried 2 Desire's, now Fascinate
  10. #10  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    I am looking for a belt clip w/threw or over the belt security type. I have seen some advertized from .50"-.75" thick and the later sound way to sloppy a fit. For me a verticle case is too long for the belt , it can pop off or push off the clip without a security loop as well. Be careful about that if you go that way and stay away from plastic clips since they do break. I went through a few with my palm treo before I got the other type I just mentioned.

    So far I tote it in my shirt pocket until I find a better solution for this thin phone.

    PS: Some add say the magnet can cause problems. Anyone on the case magnet affecting this phone.
    Thanks for the heads up. My search contiues.
  11. #11  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Howdy Canucks,

    So my search for a case and a holster for my fascinate continues (please note all of the items here bought from stores and not online (not a fan of shipping fees)).

    As I mentioned before I have been using the case mate tough case for a while now and I am happy. But I was surprised when my local telus store has this product (in black)

    Fitted for Vibrant/GALAXY S i9000 - Lavender Argyle - Speck Products

    I tried on my device, however I did not like it. First off it is a quality built case, thick and robust. I have no doubt that if my phone falls to the ground, the case will protect it. It is a bit pricey around $40 and does not come with a screen protector.

    Now the reason that I don't like the case is that it leaves the volume rocker and lock botton exposed. I not a fan of those kind of cases. Now this is my personal quirk, so unless you share the same issues that I have. Then by all means get the case lol.

    And by the way the Telus gel skin in black is a pain to find.
  12. #12  

    Default

    I bought the Otterbox Commuter as mentioned earlier. Love it. It's easy to put on and take off, but it doesn't feel loose. Volume and Power buttons are padded with the rubber case which makes it 100x easier to push I dig the the plastic cover that goes over the rubber, its like wearing armor after putting on a condom.

    I havent used the included screen protecter, since I have the iShieldz from Bell still installed (with a hole for the non-existant button on the bell vibrant).

    Got it for 29 at gocellular, with tax and shipping, came out to around $36. pretty good price for what's included
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Japots View Post
    I bought the Otterbox Commuter as mentioned earlier. Love it. It's easy to put on and take off, but it doesn't feel loose. Volume and Power buttons are padded with the rubber case which makes it 100x easier to push I dig the the plastic cover that goes over the rubber, its like wearing armor after putting on a condom.

    I havent used the included screen protecter, since I have the iShieldz from Bell still installed (with a hole for the non-existant button on the bell vibrant).

    Got it for 29 at gocellular, with tax and shipping, came out to around $36. pretty good price for what's included
    That a bargain. I wanted the Otterbox case as well but I want the defender model. Too bad that otterbox seems to have no desire to make that particular case that will fit the Telus fascinate.
  14. #14  
    Ronindan's Avatar

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Quick question for guys. Any feedback in regards to the vendor Day Deals?
    Last edited by Ronindan; 02-18-2011 at 04:02 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Posting Permissions