Do you have Clockwork on your Telus Fascinate?

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Im having a hell of a time flashing clockwork onto the telus fascinate, i have tried the verizon method, and the vibrant method(just downloading rom and flashing vibrant, eveven tried fascinate blah blah) cant get anything to work. The verizon method actually results in a brick :( which isnt fun to recover from. I was just wondering if anyone has clockwork on their telus fascinate, if so can you share the procedure?

Do you need clockwork in order to flash custom roms? or just to make backups? if so.. is there any other method to make complete system backups? I have paid versions of Rom manager and Titanium backup.

Thanks, Mike.

ikrel

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
yes I have clockwork on my fascinate but I never had to flash with odin.

just installed and flashed with the on screen menu in clockwork, after installing titanium backup, and applying update.zip.

actually it went: install titanium backup, generate update.zip, install clockwork and flash(from menu), reboot into recovery, apply update.zip.
After that, clockwork worked, like clockwork lol.

titanium will backup apps and data, clockwork will do a full ROM(ish) backup, as such you could use a clockwork backup to restore to a new/replacement fascinate and everything will be just as is was when you made the backup.

Last edited:

dutchschultz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
yes I have clockwork on my fascinate but I never had to flash with odin.

just installed and flashed with the on screen menu in clockwork, after installing titanium backup, and applying update.zip.

actually it went: install titanium backup, generate update.zip, install clockwork and flash(from menu), reboot into recovery, apply update.zip.
After that, clockwork worked, like clockwork lol.

titanium will backup apps and data, clockwork will do a full ROM(ish) backup, as such you could use a clockwork backup to restore to a new/replacement fascinate and everything will be just as is was when you made the backup.

so in clock work mod did you say you had a galaxy vibrant or fascinate for your telus fascinate.