headphones with mic on telus fascinate

wwowz

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys :) So I have a pair of beats solo by dr.dre which does not work with the samsung galaxy s models.

I read many articles regarding to it and could not find any solutions to it.

For those of you not faimilar with this, I have to hold on to my mic button to have hear the sound properly- otherwise, i only hear background and washed out voices. Of course, the mic doesn't work neither.

However, my friend (with galaxy s captivate) was using beats by dr.dre with mic with this captivate. It was functional, 100%, no problem at all. The mic was working as well!

So I was wondering if there is any solution to using this headphone onto telus fascinate :( Thanks guys

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys :) So I have a pair of beats solo by dr.dre which does not work with the samsung galaxy s models.

I read many articles regarding to it and could not find any solutions to it.

For those of you not faimilar with this, I have to hold on to my mic button to have hear the sound properly- otherwise, i only hear background and washed out voices. Of course, the mic doesn't work neither.

However, my friend (with galaxy s captivate) was using beats by dr.dre with mic with this captivate. It was functional, 100%, no problem at all. The mic was working as well!

So I was wondering if there is any solution to using this headphone onto telus fascinate :( Thanks guys

I ran into the same problem as well. To be blunt I don't think there is a software solution since it is more in regards to actual hardware compatibility. Your best bet is to see the techical specs of the headphones that comes with the fascinate (volts/ohms) and match it to your beats.

Unfortuantly for us lot of the headphones (with a mic) are meant for the iphone and it has diffrent specs when it comes to it's headphones compatibility.

I gave up and ended up getting a Sony Ericssion product: Sony Ericsson - Products - Extras - Overview - MW600

The good thing is that you can use with any headphones in the market and Rogers sell them. It is kinda pricy though ($99.99cdn).

tripplec

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
With the original working then the wiring and/or pin assignment for the 3.5mm jack is different. There is no standard and having the same plug means very little. The button opens and closes a loop circuit and how its applied can be different between phones. You'll need to look for one designed for that model. The manufacturer should indicate which phones it works with.
Good luck