Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default headphones with mic on telus fascinate

Hey guys So I have a pair of beats solo by dr.dre which does not work with the samsung galaxy s models.

I read many articles regarding to it and could not find any solutions to it.

For those of you not faimilar with this, I have to hold on to my mic button to have hear the sound properly- otherwise, i only hear background and washed out voices. Of course, the mic doesn't work neither.

However, my friend (with galaxy s captivate) was using beats by dr.dre with mic with this captivate. It was functional, 100%, no problem at all. The mic was working as well!

So I was wondering if there is any solution to using this headphone onto telus fascinate Thanks guys

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by wwowz View Post
    Hey guys So I have a pair of beats solo by dr.dre which does not work with the samsung galaxy s models.

I read many articles regarding to it and could not find any solutions to it.

For those of you not faimilar with this, I have to hold on to my mic button to have hear the sound properly- otherwise, i only hear background and washed out voices. Of course, the mic doesn't work neither.

However, my friend (with galaxy s captivate) was using beats by dr.dre with mic with this captivate. It was functional, 100%, no problem at all. The mic was working as well!

So I was wondering if there is any solution to using this headphone onto telus fascinate Thanks guys
    I ran into the same problem as well. To be blunt I don't think there is a software solution since it is more in regards to actual hardware compatibility. Your best bet is to see the techical specs of the headphones that comes with the fascinate (volts/ohms) and match it to your beats.

Unfortuantly for us lot of the headphones (with a mic) are meant for the iphone and it has diffrent specs when it comes to it's headphones compatibility.

I gave up and ended up getting a Sony Ericssion product: Sony Ericsson - Products - Extras - Overview - MW600

The good thing is that you can use with any headphones in the market and Rogers sell them. It is kinda pricy though ($99.99cdn).

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Do the set that comes with the phone work?
    Telus Fascinate
    ROM: Telus Stock, update via Kies pending due to killing one Fascinate. This is my 2nd Fascinate now.
    Phones:LG Shine Plus (Telus), Tried 2 Desire's, now Fascinate

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    leaked 'Official' froyo

Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    Do the set that comes with the phone work?
    Yeah, they work fine for some people. I like them well enough. I don't listen to much music on my phone though. Just podcasts.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

With the original working then the wiring and/or pin assignment for the 3.5mm jack is different. There is no standard and having the same plug means very little. The button opens and closes a loop circuit and how its applied can be different between phones. You'll need to look for one designed for that model. The manufacturer should indicate which phones it works with.
    Good luck
    Telus Fascinate
    ROM: Telus Stock, update via Kies pending due to killing one Fascinate. This is my 2nd Fascinate now.
    Phones:LG Shine Plus (Telus), Tried 2 Desire's, now Fascinate