Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

long as it takes my friend
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    How much longer will you be on?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    long as i can which could be for days if need be

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by telkane View Post
    long as i can which could be for days if need be
    well we cant do much tonight anyway because we need a new cable right
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

yup its 12:30 am here what time will you be around tomorrow

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

yup its 12:30 am here what time will you be around tomorrow
    its 2:30am here i wont go to sleep till 7am,,,im usually free to help around 4:00pm your time or i can try to wake up earlier to help you
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

4 pm my time works i guess we wont know what other files i need to flash till i try the one you already gave me right?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

4 pm my time works i guess we wont know what other files i need to flash till i try the one you already gave me right?
    i have an idea but lets try what i sent you first
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ok i will post soon as i get new cable and try thanks for help talk to you tomorrow

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Welcome.good night

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ok just found the stock files this is the part of the thread where i found them

2. Flash stock Telus Fascinate 2.2 ROM using Odin

****ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A CUSTOM ROM. IF YOUR PHONE IS STILL STOCK, YOU MAY SKIP THIS STEP****

A. Download Odin (attached) and the Telus JL3 stock files

B. Open Odin, and put the files in the appropriate boxes

s1_odin_20100512.pit in "PIT"
    T959TLJL3-REV03-ALL-low-CL763100.tar.md5 in "PDA"
    T959TLJL3_FROYO_Phone-CL763100.tar in "PHONE"
    SGH-T959D-CSC-TLSJL3.tar.md5 in "CSC"

C. Boot into download mode by turning phone off, then holding "Volume Down" while connecting the phone to the computer

D. The first "ID:COM" box should turn yellow and show a numerical COM port

E. Click "Start" and wait for it to finish and reboot, and unplug the phone after the yellow box turns green and says "PASS"

and this is the link to the thread, this should work right?

[TELUS ONLY] [GUIDE] Complete Guide to Flashing Custom ROMs On Your Telus Fascinate - xda-developers
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

now i assume i have to click repartition correct?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

ok just found the stock files this is the part of the thread where i found them

2. Flash stock Telus Fascinate 2.2 ROM using Odin

****ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A CUSTOM ROM. IF YOUR PHONE IS STILL STOCK, YOU MAY SKIP THIS STEP****

A. Download Odin (attached) and the Telus JL3 stock files

B. Open Odin, and put the files in the appropriate boxes

s1_odin_20100512.pit in "PIT"
    T959TLJL3-REV03-ALL-low-CL763100.tar.md5 in "PDA"
    T959TLJL3_FROYO_Phone-CL763100.tar in "PHONE"
    SGH-T959D-CSC-TLSJL3.tar.md5 in "CSC"

C. Boot into download mode by turning phone off, then holding "Volume Down" while connecting the phone to the computer

D. The first "ID:COM" box should turn yellow and show a numerical COM port

E. Click "Start" and wait for it to finish and reboot, and unplug the phone after the yellow box turns green and says "PASS"

and this is the link to the thread, this should work right?

[TELUS ONLY] [GUIDE] Complete Guide to Flashing Custom ROMs On Your Telus Fascinate - xda-developers
    Yes this should work
    but please make sure the following conditions are met

Disable any active anti-virus
    Use USB ports in the back of computer
    if for some reason the process hangs in the middle and it goes for longer than 10 minutes consider putting it into download mode plugging in and flash with the battery out of the phone the entire time.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

now i assume i have to click repartition correct?
    Why would you assume that?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

well i assumed that because i remember seeing it somwhere in my searching though i cant remember just where atm plus it made sense to me that if reflashing the entire phone repartitioning would also be neccasary as for the battery out thing i tried that the first time i started down this road and found the phone completely unresponsive without the battery in not realy sure why though i figure it must be a telus thing cause in all the other fascinate forums about flashing they all say that putting it in download mode requires the battery out anyway if you think it doesnt need to be repartitioned then i will leave it unchecked at least if this works if not then i will try repartition and see if that makes a diff again thanks for all your help it was so much easier to stay positive with your thoughts and advice i think once i get it back to stock i will be leaving it there for a while this was very frustrating lol

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

well i assumed that because i remember seeing it somwhere in my searching though i cant remember just where atm plus it made sense to me that if reflashing the entire phone repartitioning would also be neccasary as for the battery out thing i tried that the first time i started down this road and found the phone completely unresponsive without the battery in not realy sure why though i figure it must be a telus thing cause in all the other fascinate forums about flashing they all say that putting it in download mode requires the battery out anyway if you think it doesnt need to be repartitioned then i will leave it unchecked at least if this works if not then i will try repartition and see if that makes a diff again thanks for all your help it was so much easier to stay positive with your thoughts and advice i think once i get it back to stock i will be leaving it there for a while this was very frustrating lol
    you are right it may need to be repartitioned but i would try it without it first and if it fails then try repartition like you said if none of this works this afternoon we will a different program called Heimdall

and about the battery out thing,,, yeah it may not be able to go into download mode without the battery, but i think if you put it into download mode and its plugged in you then can remove the battery and it will remain in download mode... but it may not be necessary for the telus fascinate
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

come to think of it i imagine the battery thing must be because the phone doesnt allow power without the battery in i know older phones would work this way be charging power was rooted through the phone before reaching the battery thus powering the phone at the same time they must have rooted it directly to the battery in this phone probably to protect the core from power surges just a guess

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

see post above
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Heimdall lol funny i downloaded the earlier but one look at it and i was a little unsure has more options and seems at first glance to require more files to flash i did notice it had a slot for secondary and primary bootloaders and other stuff made me a little nervous though i imagine you flash what you need and leave the others blank
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    see post above
    yeah caught that right after i posted lol

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Heimdall lol funny i downloaded the earlier but one look at it and i was a little unsure has more options and seems at first glance to require more files to flash i did notice it had a slot for secondary and primary bootloaders and other stuff made me a little nervous though i imagine you flash what you need and leave the others blank
    yeah basically if you take all those packages apart and you flash each file in its respective section but lets leave that for later
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

alright well now i feel i have done all that i can with out having a new usb cable perhaps i will try sleeping now at least i am fairly confident the phone can be restored again cant thank you enough will flash in the morning and let you know how it goes
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock ICS

alright well now i feel i have done all that i can with out having a new usb cable perhaps i will try sleeping now at least i am fairly confident the phone can be restored again cant thank you enough will flash in the morning and let you know how it goes
    Hope everything turns out okay for you bud. By the way the stock 2.2 froyo files that you posted from this forum work great. Once you get to download mode and flash those files, your phone will be good as new.

Just to give you a heads up, once you flashed stock telus 2.2 and rebooted. Your external sd card might get currupted, this what happens when a Samsung S (i9000, the one that you try to install before) rom is flashed to a telus fascinate. Your data is still stored in your sd card but your phone can't find the data.

Just pull out the sd card and (if you have a sd card adaptor pop in to your pc) copy the contents of it to your pc. Then reformat the sd card and load up the files again. Then just pop your sd card back in and boot up your phone. It will be a bit slow in the beginning since the your device will map the contents of the sd card but after that your good to go.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

ok i flashed it worked but says my internal sd damaged
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

ok internal sd working but data not working no internet
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

ok reflashed csc now i have data everything working lost all data though kinda sucks but better the no phone lol
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast