telus fascinate bricked

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok just found the stock files this is the part of the thread where i found them

2. Flash stock Telus Fascinate 2.2 ROM using Odin

****ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A CUSTOM ROM. IF YOUR PHONE IS STILL STOCK, YOU MAY SKIP THIS STEP****

A. Download Odin (attached) and the Telus JL3 stock files

B. Open Odin, and put the files in the appropriate boxes

s1_odin_20100512.pit in "PIT"
T959TLJL3-REV03-ALL-low-CL763100.tar.md5 in "PDA"
T959TLJL3_FROYO_Phone-CL763100.tar in "PHONE"
SGH-T959D-CSC-TLSJL3.tar.md5 in "CSC"

C. Boot into download mode by turning phone off, then holding "Volume Down" while connecting the phone to the computer

D. The first "ID:COM" box should turn yellow and show a numerical COM port

E. Click "Start" and wait for it to finish and reboot, and unplug the phone after the yellow box turns green and says "PASS"

and this is the link to the thread, this should work right?

[TELUS ONLY] [GUIDE] Complete Guide to Flashing Custom ROMs On Your Telus Fascinate - xda-developers

Yes this should work
but please make sure the following conditions are met

Disable any active anti-virus
Use USB ports in the back of computer
if for some reason the process hangs in the middle and it goes for longer than 10 minutes consider putting it into download mode plugging in and flash with the battery out of the phone the entire time.

telkane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well i assumed that because i remember seeing it somwhere in my searching though i cant remember just where atm plus it made sense to me that if reflashing the entire phone repartitioning would also be neccasary as for the battery out thing i tried that the first time i started down this road and found the phone completely unresponsive without the battery in not realy sure why though i figure it must be a telus thing cause in all the other fascinate forums about flashing they all say that putting it in download mode requires the battery out anyway if you think it doesnt need to be repartitioned then i will leave it unchecked at least if this works if not then i will try repartition and see if that makes a diff again thanks for all your help it was so much easier to stay positive with your thoughts and advice i think once i get it back to stock i will be leaving it there for a while this was very frustrating lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well i assumed that because i remember seeing it somwhere in my searching though i cant remember just where atm plus it made sense to me that if reflashing the entire phone repartitioning would also be neccasary as for the battery out thing i tried that the first time i started down this road and found the phone completely unresponsive without the battery in not realy sure why though i figure it must be a telus thing cause in all the other fascinate forums about flashing they all say that putting it in download mode requires the battery out anyway if you think it doesnt need to be repartitioned then i will leave it unchecked at least if this works if not then i will try repartition and see if that makes a diff again thanks for all your help it was so much easier to stay positive with your thoughts and advice i think once i get it back to stock i will be leaving it there for a while this was very frustrating lol

you are right it may need to be repartitioned but i would try it without it first and if it fails then try repartition like you said if none of this works this afternoon we will a different program called Heimdall

and about the battery out thing,,, yeah it may not be able to go into download mode without the battery, but i think if you put it into download mode and its plugged in you then can remove the battery and it will remain in download mode... but it may not be necessary for the telus fascinate

telkane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
come to think of it i imagine the battery thing must be because the phone doesnt allow power without the battery in i know older phones would work this way be charging power was rooted through the phone before reaching the battery thus powering the phone at the same time they must have rooted it directly to the battery in this phone probably to protect the core from power surges just a guess

telkane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Heimdall lol funny i downloaded the earlier but one look at it and i was a little unsure has more options and seems at first glance to require more files to flash i did notice it had a slot for secondary and primary bootloaders and other stuff made me a little nervous though i imagine you flash what you need and leave the others blank

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Heimdall lol funny i downloaded the earlier but one look at it and i was a little unsure has more options and seems at first glance to require more files to flash i did notice it had a slot for secondary and primary bootloaders and other stuff made me a little nervous though i imagine you flash what you need and leave the others blank

yeah basically if you take all those packages apart and you flash each file in its respective section but lets leave that for later

telkane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
alright well now i feel i have done all that i can with out having a new usb cable perhaps i will try sleeping now at least i am fairly confident the phone can be restored again cant thank you enough will flash in the morning and let you know how it goes

Reactions: DroidXcon

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
alright well now i feel i have done all that i can with out having a new usb cable perhaps i will try sleeping now at least i am fairly confident the phone can be restored again cant thank you enough will flash in the morning and let you know how it goes

Hope everything turns out okay for you bud. By the way the stock 2.2 froyo files that you posted from this forum work great. Once you get to download mode and flash those files, your phone will be good as new.

Just to give you a heads up, once you flashed stock telus 2.2 and rebooted. Your external sd card might get currupted, this what happens when a Samsung S (i9000, the one that you try to install before) rom is flashed to a telus fascinate. Your data is still stored in your sd card but your phone can't find the data.

Just pull out the sd card and (if you have a sd card adaptor pop in to your pc) copy the contents of it to your pc. Then reformat the sd card and load up the files again. Then just pop your sd card back in and boot up your phone. It will be a bit slow in the beginning since the your device will map the contents of the sd card but after that your good to go.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
by data lost i mean contacts and apps

That sucks, the good thing is that any paid apps that you have the market will remember and if your are tied in to your google account, they still will be there.

The next time you want to flash a new ROM, use Titanum back up (I use the free version) to back up you device info, data and apps. The only is that you have to be rooted.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok so lets start from scratch how should i root and what the clockworkmod and do i want it

lol. The thread that you posted in regards on how to flash costom roms from XDA is a very good guide. If you follow the intructions on that guide you will be fine. Just a couple of tips before you try to flash any rom using clockwork: make sure your battery is full or almost full. You will be doing a lot of reboots and batt pulls. Those activities drain your batteries pretty quickly and you don't wany to run out of power when loading a rom.

Also when you using Titanum Back up to re-populate your device, I just use it 3-rd party apps and contacts. I don't use on native apps and settings since it causes conflicts if you flashed a custom rom.

telkane

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok so what a good stable rom to start with also i have noticed the stock gps is kinda slow if there is a rom with better gps that would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007