- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Enabling & disabling network frequencies / bands
I've got a HTC One with Telus and I've realised that despite unlocking the phone I'm still limited in the choice of cell providers I can use if I vacation or want to switch to another provider. The issue seems to be that Telus have removed the handset's ability to operate on the 1700MHz band. Seems like a very dirty trick to me
I'm looking for a way to remove this restriction. I'm guessing that it must be some kind of software thing because I can't see HTC changing hardware in their device like this for individual providers right?
Any suggestions are most welcome.
- 01-07-2014, 08:23 AM #2
Re: Enabling & disabling network frequencies / bands
The only changes they can and do make is the radio's per carrier. Usually a CDMA based carrier like Verizon/Sprint will have a different radio inside to support their frequencies and then same is said for GSM/international based carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, etc...
- By lewda in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2015, 07:52 PM
- By xyzlene in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
- By Oleyeller in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
- By Tommaso Leonetti di Santojanni in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
- By geoffma in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2014, 10:31 AM