Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhinc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

I bought 2 - S4's 1 for me and one for my wife, mine was already unlocked , but hers is not as they wer both telus phones, I cannot send pictures with text, but hers is not unlocked and she can send me text and pictures attached??? My just sits there with the blue swirl spinning forever? Any ideas? I have already got a trouble ticket set up from telus, and I was on the phone twice with 2 different tech's that could not solve the problem.

I have turned mobile data on and off
    I have rebooted the phone several times
    I can send texts
    I can receive texts from others with pictures attached

Kinda at a loss

Default Re: Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4

i would suspect the mms settings in the apn. two phones one works. were these brand new phones? if not then it is likely that could be the issue. if they are new it could be sim card. they can also push the setting to the apn. mms is the picture messaging
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

Apn - sp.telus.com
    Mmsc- not set
    Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
    Mms port- 80
    Apn type - default.mms.supl

This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g
    Last edited by rigger9788; 06-09-2013 at 02:19 PM.

I was having the same problem with my S4 on Verizon US. I disabled the Power Saving mode and it then worked fine.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rigger9788 View Post
    Both phones are new, one was opened and unlocked the other( my wife's was sealed) an I have the unlock code but have not unlocked it yet, since it works fine . I have gone into my apn and I noticed that the girl at the telus store either input it or it sync'd already.

Apn - sp.telus.com
    Mmsc- not set
    Mms proxy - 74.49.0.18
    Mms port- 80
    Apn type - default.mms.supl

This is what they are set at. Going to call telus yet again!

Spoke to telus for 30 min, tech walked me thru all the apn settings and several had to be adjusted , he tells me that sometimes it is the manor in which the phones are unlocked that these items will not sometimes auto populate.....problem solved I can now send pictures with my text.g
    Could you possibly post the UPDATED APN settings that were tweaked by the Telus agent you spoke to?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    Ashley Persico likes this.

if I take it back to the Verizon store can they fix that I'm having the same issue?

Can the Verizon store fix that?

I never turn my phone off so I find if it comes to where I cant send pics I jst reboot my phone, turn it completely off and bring it back up and it will send pics jst fine. I can also turn WIFI off and it will send pics. I dont have this problem all the time but when I do, that is how I remedy it.

Hi ive been having the same issue could you possibly tell me exactly what they had told you to change your apn settings to? mine are not set and that is probably my issue..

Thank you for the advice for turning off the power saving mode. Worked great!

I've been through this issue for months now. I finally had it solved today from talking with telus support.

Here is a screenshot of my TELUS SP settings on my S4, type SGH-I337M running Android 4.2.2

The key field for me was clearing the text in the APN type, make sure that field is blank.

Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4-2013-11-02-17.23.37.jpg

Can't send pictures with my text? Samsung s4-2013-11-02-17.24.03.jpg
    Thanked by:
    mhinc 

Had the same problem. I tried what was suggested, turning off the power savers then restart. After that I was able to download the text sent. Thanks for your help. Don't know what I'll do without smart people like you guys.