Telus Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M 4.3 Release Info

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have been hounding Telus, asking why they don't even have an UPDATE on their "Upcoming software updates schedule" here:

Upcoming software updates schedule |  Software Updates |  Phones & Devices |  Support |  TELUS Mobility

Regarding a release date for Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M, or at least letting us know it's in testing.

So I chatted Telus today and finally got someone that took the time to look into it. Rather than just goto the same page above I went to and tell me what I already know.
I know it's not exact, but at least it's something, and here is what I was told;

I have found an updated Software release info, there is not a set date but this was updated on November 1st that the release of 4.3 will come in November 2013 so by the end of the month it should be available for the S4

Samsung Galaxy S4 Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M
Samsung Note 2
Samsung Note 3

LG Nexus 4

i31us

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I got a response that it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Looks like you got a better timeframe from Telus.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I got a response that it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Looks like you got a better timeframe from Telus.

Well it very well could come the 2nd, okay maybe 3rd weelk of November as we are starting the 3rd week as of today. Either way appears there's no longer than 2 weeks HOPEFULLY!

master1525pr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
AT&T 4.3 update for I337 its rolling out today in US. I'm waiting for this update but my S4 is I337M. My carrier is CLARO and I don't know when my phone will be updated. I tried to force the update by changing date and time to a future date but doesn't work. Still waiting!!! :(

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
Claro
Puerto Rico

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T 4.3 update for I337 its rolling out today in US. I'm waiting for this update but my S4 is I337M. My carrier is CLARO and I don't know when my phone will be updated. I tried to force the update by changing date and time to a future date but doesn't work. Still waiting!!! :(

Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
Claro
Puerto Rico

Why are you posting that in here? This is a CARRIER SPECIFIC forum for Telus Canada. Nothing you said is at all pertinent to this thread. Please try reading first before you post next time.

inocent3

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard any news on this yet. I feel like I'm going to wear a hole on my screen where the update button is located.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for you but its the same model. If you don't like my posts dont read it!!! :)
The same model has NOTHING to do with an OTA update, considering your provider is the one that releases it. So how about this Mr 4 posts.
Post in the correct area next time, and don't tell me NOT TO READ something in the thread I created in the CORRECT area.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone heard any news on this yet. I feel like I'm going to wear a hole on my screen where the update button is located.

Just what I posted above. Sometime between now and the end of November :)
No sense to keep checking for updates, just set it for AUTO and wait for it :)

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So what's the main upgrades ? I hope they bring the same feature that my old htc desire had. When you pinch zoom in it would zoom in obviously but all the text on the screen would fit in the screen. Not like now, how if you pinch zoom in, you zoom in but you still have to scroll side to side to see All the text on the screen. That's the only thing I miss on that phone .... Hope im explaining that right. I'm sure some of you know what I'm saying... Anyways, I hope 4.3 is soon.

What about kit kat. What's the good word?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Downloading as well. Gotta use data as I'm at work and no wifi here... Oh well, nice to have a couple gigs to use up anyways. Can't wait till home to download it.
Nice!!!

Downloading as well! Had to check manually! Guess they did that on purpose so that they didn't have everyone grabbing it at once. Fingers crosses there are no issues like many other AMERICAN providers had. I heard people on SaskTel and Bell are having no issues and all is running well

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the main upgrades ? I hope they bring the same feature that my old htc desire had. When you pinch zoom in it would zoom in obviously but all the text on the screen would fit in the screen. Not like now, how if you pinch zoom in, you zoom in but you still have to scroll side to side to see All the text on the screen. That's the only thing I miss on that phone .... Hope im explaining that right. I'm sure some of you know what I'm saying... Anyways, I hope 4.3 is soon.

What about kit kat. What's the good word?

Here's the change log per say

http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

inocent3

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Been running all day. My galaxy gear is working just as expected. Knox is pretty cool. I'm a pretty happy camper.

I'm glad we all finally got this update!!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Been running all day. My galaxy gear is working just as expected. Knox is pretty cool. I'm a pretty happy camper.

I'm glad we all finally got this update!!

Ya mine has been installed since yesterday morning, no issues, seems to be running great. Knock on Wood!

anon(8278816)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am currently downloading the update. Curious as to how the Telus version is working for you folks who have been using 4.3 for a few days now? I have read on other forums that users from other mobility providers as well as Telus have experienced some issues. No one in here seems to have issues yet?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I haven't updated yet. Just wondering if the update it worth it? Any noticeable performance or battery boosts?

Not much has seemed to change, but it's no worse and defiantly not the same issues that were happening to American Providers.

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It has been working flawless for me so far.
Only personal things that is annoying is that there is no mobile Internet button in the notification panel any more. How annoying is that, as I click it on/off a bunch during the day. Now I have to go into the settings and click it.... But really is not that big of a deal. It's how my wife's S3 is as well on 4.1.2.

Also now when in the Internet, when you click on on the menu button, there is no history button at all. Again, not a huge deal. Just it was handy to have for me personally. I'm sure I will find more little things but I will get used to it like this I know. I know that they can't please everyone 100%. The up's outweigh the minor downs so far anyways.

Anyone have any minor annoyances like that above?

But all around I like the cool little tweaks like when you click on the Window manager above. Just looks more slick now.

As far the battery life, I'm sure time will tell. It's always been pretty good for me. I always have the screen the brightest , no power save mode on ever, animated background on, apps running in the background and playing high-end games ect ect so no complaints from me before or so far now on 4.3. .. I mean what is the point of having a high-end phone with out using all the junk on it to the fullest.

Who cares about all the American carriers glitches .... TELUS For the win haha. Go upgrade now if you're on the fence of doing so.

That's my small review so far.

Anyone else have anything to add or say???

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui