Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Default Telus Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M 4.3 Release Info

Ok so I have been hounding Telus, asking why they don't even have an UPDATE on their "Upcoming software updates schedule" here:

Regarding a release date for Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M, or at least letting us know it's in testing.

So I chatted Telus today and finally got someone that took the time to look into it. Rather than just goto the same page above I went to and tell me what I already know.
    I know it's not exact, but at least it's something, and here is what I was told;

I have found an updated Software release info, there is not a set date but this was updated on November 1st that the release of 4.3 will come in November 2013 so by the end of the month it should be available for the S4

Samsung Galaxy S4 Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 3

LG Nexus 4
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Telus Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M 4.3 Release Info

Thanks for the info. I got a response that it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Looks like you got a better timeframe from Telus.
    mhinc likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i31us View Post
    Thanks for the info. I got a response that it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Looks like you got a better timeframe from Telus.
    Well it very well could come the 2nd, okay maybe 3rd weelk of November as we are starting the 3rd week as of today. Either way appears there's no longer than 2 weeks HOPEFULLY!
    Telus Mobility
    ---

AT&T 4.3 update for I337 its rolling out today in US. I'm waiting for this update but my S4 is I337M. My carrier is CLARO and I don't know when my phone will be updated. I tried to force the update by changing date and time to a future date but doesn't work. Still waiting!!!

Claro
    Puerto Rico
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by master1525pr View Post
    AT&T 4.3 update for I337 its rolling out today in US. I'm waiting for this update but my S4 is I337M. My carrier is CLARO and I don't know when my phone will be updated. I tried to force the update by changing date and time to a future date but doesn't work. Still waiting!!!

Claro
    Puerto Rico
    Why are you posting that in here? This is a CARRIER SPECIFIC forum for Telus Canada. Nothing you said is at all pertinent to this thread. Please try reading first before you post next time.
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Has anyone heard any news on this yet. I feel like I'm going to wear a hole on my screen where the update button is located.
    Last edited by inocent3; 11-17-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Sorry for you but its the same model. If you don't like my posts dont read it!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by master1525pr View Post
    Sorry for you but its the same model. If you don't like my posts dont read it!!!
    The same model has NOTHING to do with an OTA update, considering your provider is the one that releases it. So how about this Mr 4 posts.
    Post in the correct area next time, and don't tell me NOT TO READ something in the thread I created in the CORRECT area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by inocent3 View Post
    Has anyone heard any news on this yet. I feel like I'm going to wear a hole on my screen where the update button is located.
    Just what I posted above. Sometime between now and the end of November
    No sense to keep checking for updates, just set it for AUTO and wait for it
    Telus Mobility
    ---

So what's the main upgrades ? I hope they bring the same feature that my old htc desire had. When you pinch zoom in it would zoom in obviously but all the text on the screen would fit in the screen. Not like now, how if you pinch zoom in, you zoom in but you still have to scroll side to side to see All the text on the screen. That's the only thing I miss on that phone .... Hope im explaining that right. I'm sure some of you know what I'm saying... Anyways, I hope 4.3 is soon.

What about kit kat. What's the good word?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Downloading now!!! Whoo Hoo!! Hit that button!!.....crossing my fingers!!
    Thanked by:

Downloading now!!! Whoo Hoo!! Hit that button!!.....crossing my fingers!!
    Downloading as well. Gotta use data as I'm at work and no wifi here... Oh well, nice to have a couple gigs to use up anyways. Can't wait till home to download it.
    Nice!!!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE420 View Post
    Downloading as well. Gotta use data as I'm at work and no wifi here... Oh well, nice to have a couple gigs to use up anyways. Can't wait till home to download it.
    Nice!!!
    Downloading as well! Had to check manually! Guess they did that on purpose so that they didn't have everyone grabbing it at once. Fingers crosses there are no issues like many other AMERICAN providers had. I heard people on SaskTel and Bell are having no issues and all is running well

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the main upgrades ? I hope they bring the same feature that my old htc desire had. When you pinch zoom in it would zoom in obviously but all the text on the screen would fit in the screen. Not like now, how if you pinch zoom in, you zoom in but you still have to scroll side to side to see All the text on the screen. That's the only thing I miss on that phone .... Hope im explaining that right. I'm sure some of you know what I'm saying... Anyways, I hope 4.3 is soon.

What about kit kat. What's the good word?
    Here's the change log per say

http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Thanks for the link man.
    mhinc likes this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Been running all day. My galaxy gear is working just as expected. Knox is pretty cool. I'm a pretty happy camper.

I'm glad we all finally got this update!!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Been running all day. My galaxy gear is working just as expected. Knox is pretty cool. I'm a pretty happy camper.

I'm glad we all finally got this update!!
    Ya mine has been installed since yesterday morning, no issues, seems to be running great. Knock on Wood!
    Telus Mobility
    ---

I am currently downloading the update. Curious as to how the Telus version is working for you folks who have been using 4.3 for a few days now? I have read on other forums that users from other mobility providers as well as Telus have experienced some issues. No one in here seems to have issues yet?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Hey, I haven't updated yet. Just wondering if the update it worth it? Any noticeable performance or battery boosts?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5hieldz View Post
    Hey, I haven't updated yet. Just wondering if the update it worth it? Any noticeable performance or battery boosts?
    Not much has seemed to change, but it's no worse and defiantly not the same issues that were happening to American Providers.
    Telus Mobility
    ---
    Thanked by:
    Evird 

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Alright awesome. Ive been reading all the american posts, sounds like there having a heck of a time.

Thanks.

It has been working flawless for me so far.
    Only personal things that is annoying is that there is no mobile Internet button in the notification panel any more. How annoying is that, as I click it on/off a bunch during the day. Now I have to go into the settings and click it.... But really is not that big of a deal. It's how my wife's S3 is as well on 4.1.2.

Also now when in the Internet, when you click on on the menu button, there is no history button at all. Again, not a huge deal. Just it was handy to have for me personally. I'm sure I will find more little things but I will get used to it like this I know. I know that they can't please everyone 100%. The up's outweigh the minor downs so far anyways.

Anyone have any minor annoyances like that above?

But all around I like the cool little tweaks like when you click on the Window manager above. Just looks more slick now.

As far the battery life, I'm sure time will tell. It's always been pretty good for me. I always have the screen the brightest , no power save mode on ever, animated background on, apps running in the background and playing high-end games ect ect so no complaints from me before or so far now on 4.3. .. I mean what is the point of having a high-end phone with out using all the junk on it to the fullest.

Who cares about all the American carriers glitches .... TELUS For the win haha. Go upgrade now if you're on the fence of doing so.

That's my small review so far.

Anyone else have anything to add or say???
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 11-26-2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Added more.

Well I found where the history button is now. More Convenienty located in the bookmark button beside the Window manager button. Damn nice deal!!!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts

It has been working flawless for me so far.
    Only personal things that is annoying is that there is no mobile Internet button in the notification panel any more. How annoying is that, as I click it on/off a bunch during the day. Now I have to go into the settings and click it.... But really is not that big of a deal. It's how my wife's S3 is as well on 4.1.2.

Also now when in the Internet, when you click on on the menu button, there is no history button at all. Again, not a huge deal. Just it was handy to have for me personally. I'm sure I will find more little things but I will get used to it like this I know. I know that they can't please everyone 100%. The up's outweigh the minor downs so far anyways.

Anyone have any minor annoyances like that above?

But all around I like the cool little tweaks like when you click on the Window manager above. Just looks more slick now.

As far the battery life, I'm sure time will tell. It's always been pretty good for me. I always have the screen the brightest , no power save mode on ever, animated background on, apps running in the background and playing high-end games ect ect so no complaints from me before or so far now on 4.3. .. I mean what is the point of having a high-end phone with out using all the junk on it to the fullest.

Who cares about all the American carriers glitches .... TELUS For the win haha. Go upgrade now if you're on the fence of doing so.

That's my small review so far.

Anyone else have anything to add or say???
    Ha ha I would have to agree with you, no major glitches that make me regret upgrading what so ever. The mobile data missing from the notification is not quite as much as an annoyance as it is for you, but it was still nice to have, not sure why they would remove that one specific icon...But I have a feeling there will be an update shortly that will re incorporate it back in.

So far yes, the browser features are cool and the new AI is fancy!

As for battery life, I am not seeing a difference when I use my phone the same way I did before the upgrade. Some things seem a bit more peppy, so seem the same, but nothing is worse. That's for sure. And thankfully Telus didn't over do the bloatware. Just 2 apps. The MY TELUS, which they LOVE to shove down your throat every chance they get! And some Telus Games thing, Bother are able to be uninstalled. Otherwise thankfully Telus is not like Verizon, plastering their name everywhere on the phone and inindating it with bloatware out the ***!

Maybe I should stop complaing that we in Canada get updates last. At least when we do they are solid! And work!
    Telus Mobility
    ---

I agree man, would be nice with the mobile button back....

Just noticed it's not using as much Ram now. Nice.!
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 11-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.

I know this is for the S4, but they just released the 4.3 update for the S3 today. Updating my wife's S3 right now.

After using it since last saturday night, no problem what so ever, the data switch can be replaced by a little free widget, I think the update was late because Telus must have tested it more to clear some of the american version bugs.

One thing I like of the update is in the application that can count your steps you can now use a heart beat sensor.

sent by my Galaxy S4
    Last edited by blademael; 11-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast