1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Question A few questions???

I was curious to know if anyone could help me with these queries? I know they're not specific to Telus customers, but because I'm with Telus, I thought I'd ask here.

1. When opening email attachments, why do I go to the internet?

2. I use G-cloud to back up my phone, but I'm curious to know how I can remove files from my backup to free up space? ANSWER: Sorted out with going to G clouds website and registering there. Very easy to do, just didn't realize I could.

3. Why does the TouchWiz easy/home always/easy pop up? And why can I not set it permanently? ANSWER: still a Google search issue as mentioned in another thread.

4. Why do I need to have separate ringtone/notification/alarm folders to set tones for them? (ANSWER: that's the way it's set up on Android, so I'm good with that)

5. Is there another Samsung app for contacts, calendar and notes? I'm using Android-sync(paid version) and do like it, but I keep getting duplicate/triplicate entries in my contacts and calendar. I went with this app because I do need to sync my notes from Outlook as well(I came from a BB Bold 9900). ANSWER: I switched to Companionlink. AWESOME site!

I haven't yet had time to search the forums, but am doing that as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mwrmt; 12-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: A few questions???

1. It never happened to me. Maybe specific to your carrier.
    4. No you don't need to. Just long press any sound file and select ringtone option. However if gou want to set ringtone from settings app, then it will access specific folder
    5.tons of apps are there. Search play store
    I hope it helped

COD Champion! Android lover! Gym addict! Uses both android and iOS
    Love my site, my dream
    Devices xperia z / iphone 4 / galaxy s3 / xperia sola

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mwrmt View Post
    I was curious to know if anyone could help me with these queries? I know they're not specific to Telus customers, but because I'm with Telus, I thought I'd ask here.

1. When opening email attachments, why do I go to the internet?

2. I use G-cloud to back up my phone, but I'm curious to know how I can remove files from my backup to free up space?

3. Why does the TouchWiz easy/home always/easy pop up? And why can I not set it permanently?

4. Why do I need to have separate ringtone/notification/alarm folders to set tones for them? (ANSWER: that's the way it's set up on Android, so I'm good with that)

5. Is there another Samsung app for contacts, calendar and notes? I'm using Android-sync(paid version) and do like it, but I keep getting duplicate/triplicate entries in my contacts and calendar. I went with this app because I do need to sync my notes from Outlook as well(I came from a BB Bold 9900).

I haven't yet had time to search the forums, but am doing that as well.

Thanks in advance.
    1. Can you be more specific on the attachments you are opening? This could relate to your question 3. When you choose always it should shouldn't ask you again. Are you holding your HOME button and going to where you Clear your RAM? Just wondering if you are also going into CLEAR DATA and clearing all those listed as well? TouchWiz Home should be listed there, and if you are clearing that frequently it will ask you again, same in regards to question one on my attachments open in email.

2. I would ask the developer there

3. Answered in question 1 reply.

4. Yup you answered that one yourself.

5. I can't answer this one as I don't really use my phone that same way and don't need anything like that
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply.

I am having problems with both photos and pdf docs. I should mention that they do download, but they open up my web browser.

I did get things sorted out with G cloud, just as you had mentioned. Thanks.

Figured out the Touchwiz problem was the same Google search problem mentioned in another thread.

And I've switched from Android-sync to Companionlink. These guys are AWESOME!!!