Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
When is the actual date for the 4.4 update. SICK AND &^%$&@# tired of this junk @$$ 4.3 BS.

Telus is of no help , bunch of idiots that "dont know a thing" Ya ^&%$#@%^ right....:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

2 weeks I was told yesterday.
What's your carrier?

Sent from my shed.

Who told you 2 weeks? Someone officially at Telus? Sprint's Galaxy S4 will see KitKat update starting Feb. 13, and from past experiences
we all know that it's usually almost a month after American updates start to role out that we see them.
But, the good thing, it appears our Canadian providers take their time in house beta testing and get it right. So I am happy to wait a LITTLE longer
for a problem free update.
I have to speak to a specific guy at Loyality tomorrow at Telus, when I talk to him I will see what info I can pull out of him
about the S4 KitKat update timing, etc...

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
era3ybe3.jpg

Winning

Sent from my shed.

Last edited:

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Still no mobile button in the drop-down notification menu.... STUPID. Oh well, I'm used to it now when they changed it with 4.3.
Other then that. It's good so far.
I'm going to check everything right now. Seems a million times smoother from 4.3 junk.

Funny how you look at the Telus update schedule on there website and it still doesn't show 4.4.2 update available for the S4 yet....
Sent from my shed.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Still no mobile button in the drop-down notification menu.... STUPID. Oh well, I'm used to it now when they changed it with 4.3.
Other then that. It's good so far.
I'm going to check everything right now. Seems a million times smoother from 4.3 junk.

Funny how you look at the Telus update schedule on there website and it still doesn't show 4.4.2 update available for the S4 yet....
Sent from my shed.

That's because it's not from Telus this time. When it's a completely new OS, it's from Samsung :)

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
That's because it's not from Telus this time. When it's a completely new OS, it's from Samsung :)

Well it is on rogers update schedule for the update today. It was there when I looked last night. Telus is slow I guess.
All good.
Sent from my shed.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well it is on rogers update schedule for the update today. It was there when I looked last night. Telus is slow I guess.
All good.
Sent from my shed.

My phone is running like absolute **** after the update. Lagging like mad. When I press and hold my home button to bring up my active apps, and such. it takes about 10 seconds to load
That's just one issue

SAVAGE420

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Damn. Mine was lagging with 4.3 but after this 4.4.2 it's back to being killer fast and smooth. Only been a couple hours though.
Did you reboot afterwards?

Sent from my shed.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Damn. Mine was lagging with 4.3 but after this 4.4.2 it's back to being killer fast and smooth. Only been a couple hours though.
Did you reboot afterwards?

Sent from my shed.

I figured out the issue, because the GPS kept trying over and over to find a signal it was lagging the phone. Still not sure why it was taking so long to get it's signal but I disabled it for the time being.
And it's running good now.