Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    When is the actual date for the 4.4 update. SICK AND &^%$&@# tired of this junk @$$ 4.3 BS.

    Telus is of no help , bunch of idiots that "dont know a thing" Ya ^&%$#@%^ right....
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 08:23 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    It's coming out soon, but you're on Telus so it will be a while.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by rawr66 View Post
    It's coming out soon, but you're on Telus so it will be a while.
    2 weeks I was told yesterday.
    What's your carrier?

    Sent from my shed.
  4. #4  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

    Default Re: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE420 View Post
    2 weeks I was told yesterday.
    What's your carrier?

    Sent from my shed.
    Who told you 2 weeks? Someone officially at Telus? Sprint's Galaxy S4 will see KitKat update starting Feb. 13, and from past experiences
    we all know that it's usually almost a month after American updates start to role out that we see them.
    But, the good thing, it appears our Canadian providers take their time in house beta testing and get it right. So I am happy to wait a LITTLE longer
    for a problem free update.
    I have to speak to a specific guy at Loyality tomorrow at Telus, when I talk to him I will see what info I can pull out of him
    about the S4 KitKat update timing, etc...
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    Thanked by:
    Evird 
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    March 13, it's official :-)

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
    Thanked by 3:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    ......
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 03-12-2014 at 08:11 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    DEEEEEEE EEEEEEE ECENT.

    Sent from my shed.
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 03-13-2014 at 10:29 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?


    Winning

    Sent from my shed.
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 03-13-2014 at 10:29 AM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Still no mobile button in the drop-down notification menu.... STUPID. Oh well, I'm used to it now when they changed it with 4.3.
    Other then that. It's good so far.
    I'm going to check everything right now. Seems a million times smoother from 4.3 junk.

    Funny how you look at the Telus update schedule on there website and it still doesn't show 4.4.2 update available for the S4 yet....
    Sent from my shed.
    Last edited by SAVAGE420; 03-13-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    awesome downing now, thanks for the update
  11. #11  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE420 View Post
    Still no mobile button in the drop-down notification menu.... STUPID. Oh well, I'm used to it now when they changed it with 4.3.
    Other then that. It's good so far.
    I'm going to check everything right now. Seems a million times smoother from 4.3 junk.

    Funny how you look at the Telus update schedule on there website and it still doesn't show 4.4.2 update available for the S4 yet....
    Sent from my shed.
    That's because it's not from Telus this time. When it's a completely new OS, it's from Samsung
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    That's because it's not from Telus this time. When it's a completely new OS, it's from Samsung
    Well it is on rogers update schedule for the update today. It was there when I looked last night. Telus is slow I guess.
    All good.
    Sent from my shed.
  13. #13  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE420 View Post
    Well it is on rogers update schedule for the update today. It was there when I looked last night. Telus is slow I guess.
    All good.
    Sent from my shed.
    My phone is running like absolute **** after the update. Lagging like mad. When I press and hold my home button to bring up my active apps, and such. it takes about 10 seconds to load
    That's just one issue
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Damn. Mine was lagging with 4.3 but after this 4.4.2 it's back to being killer fast and smooth. Only been a couple hours though.
    Did you reboot afterwards?

    Sent from my shed.
  15. #15  
    mhinc's Avatar

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE420 View Post
    Damn. Mine was lagging with 4.3 but after this 4.4.2 it's back to being killer fast and smooth. Only been a couple hours though.
    Did you reboot afterwards?

    Sent from my shed.
    I figured out the issue, because the GPS kept trying over and over to find a signal it was lagging the phone. Still not sure why it was taking so long to get it's signal but I disabled it for the time being.
    And it's running good now.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Running well on my Rogers

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Telus S4: When is the 4.4 Update coming?

    Downloaded last night, all good for now too

    sent by my Galaxy S4

Similar Threads

  1. Optimus F7 got update, still on 4.1
    By mrsmumbles in forum LG Optimus Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 07:07 AM
  2. HTC One: How to install OTA Update? Rooted.
    By Master T in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
  3. Swype defaults "the" to "The"
    By MattKJackson in forum Motorola Droid Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 01:03 AM
  4. Update problems
    By LauraM4555 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B