Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SamsungS4User1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile Data Pulldown Toggle

Hello,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m running Android 4.2.2. When I first got my S4 a few months ago, I had used it for about half a month and loved it, before the 4.3 update came out. Naturally, I updated it but only to find that many things did not work properly on it AND some of my favourite toggles had been removed. I noticed that Instagram, Facebook, and many other social media applications were malfunctioning horribly, and the Mobile Data toggle switch from the pulldown menu had been removed. I do not have unlimited data, so I only turn on my data when sending/receiving MMS messages quite frequently. Since I was under warranty back then, I went to the store to switch my device and got a model that had 4.2.2 back on it.

Now here is my question: Does the new 4.2.2 update on an S4 have the Mobile Data toggle button in the pulldown menu? Since I am a bit weary of updating because the return warranty on my phone has ended, I have done research on this update. I have seen that other Samsung Galaxy S4 devices with the 4.4.2 update on them DO have the Mobile Data toggle button in the pulldown menu. The only problem is that they were not the SGH-i337m model that I have, but rather the i9500 model. Does the model number affect the update? Will the update change the same things, regardless of model number in the phone? If it DOES change the toggles, then I will just leave the 4.2.2 software I have on my phone to save the convenience of it all.

Thank you.

Default Re: Mobile Data Pulldown Toggle

Welcome to Android Central! I can't answer your question directly, but would you be ok with something like Power Toggles, which allows you to place a customized toggle bar in the notificaiton shade?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If it is the equivalent of the standard drop down menu toggles, then yes I would not be opposed to a Power Toggle.

With Power Toggles, the buttons won't be as big, but you can customize which toggles you want. Give it a try. It doesn't take much storage or RAM, and the developer is constantly updating and improving it.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea I actually downloaded it right after you suggested it, and you're right its almost the same thing. Very useful and does what I need it to do, so thank you for that! Hopefully that toggle will be introduced as a default in a later update, its a very useful button for those who don't have a lot of data.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungS4User1 View Post
    Hello,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337m running Android 4.2.2. When I first got my S4 a few months ago, I had used it for about half a month and loved it, before the 4.3 update came out. Naturally, I updated it but only to find that many things did not work properly on it AND some of my favourite toggles had been removed. I noticed that Instagram, Facebook, and many other social media applications were malfunctioning horribly, and the Mobile Data toggle switch from the pulldown menu had been removed. I do not have unlimited data, so I only turn on my data when sending/receiving MMS messages quite frequently. Since I was under warranty back then, I went to the store to switch my device and got a model that had 4.2.2 back on it.

Now here is my question: Does the new 4.2.2 update on an S4 have the Mobile Data toggle button in the pulldown menu? Since I am a bit weary of updating because the return warranty on my phone has ended, I have done research on this update. I have seen that other Samsung Galaxy S4 devices with the 4.4.2 update on them DO have the Mobile Data toggle button in the pulldown menu. The only problem is that they were not the SGH-i337m model that I have, but rather the i9500 model. Does the model number affect the update? Will the update change the same things, regardless of model number in the phone? If it DOES change the toggles, then I will just leave the 4.2.2 software I have on my phone to save the convenience of it all.

Thank you.
    No, it was removed in 4.2.2. I have the same model phone and I am also on Telus and I have had no issues like you are stating above.
    Yes, the toggle was removed, not sure why, but it's gone. I don't see how that's a reason to stay at a lower version when you can simply just go into SETTINGS > Under Connecitons Tab click MORE NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > and UNCHECK MOBILE DATA.
    Sure it's not a toggle, but for how often you would need it, is it REALLY that big of a deal?
    Or get yourself an NFC tag, and program the tag to turn on and off your mobile data! Just a suggestion
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---