2007 BMW 530 - pairing contacts with Galaxy S3

eszylko

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
is there a fix for this yet? i have read too much on this subject in forums. the S3 pairs fine and works well. i cannot get my contacts to populate in the car. my blackberry and iphone worked. this is a little ridiculous.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't comment directly because I have a Benz and I am using a Viseo MB 4 module in lieu of the OEM ( 2005 ) module. Once the S3 pairs with the module, a popup occurs on the screen asking if it( S3) can download contacts. There is also a box that says, "Don't ask again". I checked the box and the contacts downloaded perfectly. I have another caveat. It seems like I have to have my phone awake as I enter the car. It the screen has timed out, I can't connect to the bluetooth properly. Kind of a little pain, since my Iphone 4 connected automatically even with the screen timed out. Good luck. Keep at it.

balikim

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 535 and it pairs but does not properly sync. It leaves half of my contacts out and just leaves the phone numbers without names. It has worked with my iPhone, One X etc.. Going to play with it a bit and I'll let you know.

balikim

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Checked it over the weekend. It will sync contacts that have a first and last name. It will not however sync contacts that just have a company name where the first name and last name is left blank. Basically this is a show stopper for anyone that has company names as contacts.

muxx535

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The phone number in Galaxy S3 may be stored in 9 categories, while your BMW, if it is older than MY2009, will recognize only 3 of them: Mobile, Home and Work.
Transferring the contacts from old phone to Samsung may result in saving most of them in category Other, which is not recognized by your car. Editing the number categories in your phone book will fix the problem.